LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

John Woo Presents: Stranglehold

anyone download the demo for this game? its pretty damn sweet, and theres online multiplayer too. the games basically matrix gone japanese XD
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Ya, the demo is great. But it isn't exactly unique. There are plenty of games that use bullet time, or whatever they call it.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Tequilla time!!!!!!!! thats what its called. and that shit tastes like ass...but gets the job done. XD

I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Member #
    Friends
    demo is cool and fun, but i dont know how long that formula can stay fun (building over mans head, shoot, kills him then rolls and kills another 2) and so on. BIOSHOCK FTW.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ninja? I'm a Pirate! Yarr Secumfex's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6205-5687-4726-5914
    I've played the Demo on my brother's Xbox360 yesterday and I didn't really like it that much. I simply can't get control of... the controls xD I'm a PC Gamer in the first place so it's kinda hard for me to control the view with an analog stick. Whilest playing I've found my self several times looking up the sky and turning circles...
    But that's not the main reason why I didn't like it so much... The animations felt a bit awkward, where ever i went, Tequila was running unrealisticly fast and slid over everything that came into his way. And all the crates didn't seem to have any weight at all, Tequila ran through them like it was only air, but still everywhere flew Melons around and the crates broke and what not. Looks cool, but feels awkward IMO. The surrounding sequence thingys where a bit weird, too... It just felt like a minigame without any real sense. And I can't believe that a man can move THAT f*cking fast. He moved from one side to the other faster and farther than the bullets flew in the same time o_O
    Graphics are very nice, I expected them to be a bit sharper, though.

I'll wait for reviews... until then, I'll stick with Max Payne 2

edit: did I mention the German dub sucks balls? xD

feel free to add me to your Wii, but don't forget to PM me

how about some rep for good posts

The search function is your friend. Do not ignore your friends. They get cancer and die and it is your fault.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Secumfex
    I've played the Demo on my brother's Xbox360 yesterday and I didn't really like it that much. I simply can't get control of... the controls xD I'm a PC Gamer in the first place so it's kinda hard for me to control the view with an analog stick. Whilest playing I've found my self several times looking up the sky and turning circles...
    But that's not the main reason why I didn't like it so much... The animations felt a bit awkward, where ever i went, Tequila was running unrealisticly fast and slid over everything that came into his way. And all the crates didn't seem to have any weight at all, Tequila ran through them like it was only air, but still everywhere flew Melons around and the crates broke and what not. Looks cool, but feels awkward IMO. The surrounding sequence thingys where a bit weird, too... It just felt like a minigame without any real sense. And I can't believe that a man can move THAT f*cking fast. He moved from one side to the other faster and farther than the bullets flew in the same time o_O
    Graphics are very nice, I expected them to be a bit sharper, though.

I'll wait for reviews... until then, I'll stick with Max Payne 2

edit: did I mention the German dub sucks balls? xD
    this is a horrible game to come from the pc onto. the aiming is made to suck to encourage you to use tequila time.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    i didnt think the aiming was bad at all. but ok. and im thinking this game is gonna bore me rather quickly. fortunatley, alot of my friends are getting it, and its online!

I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by JCpackers05
    i didnt think the aiming was bad at all. but ok. and im thinking this game is gonna bore me rather quickly. fortunatley, alot of my friends are getting it, and its online!
    Something tells me that the online on this game will suck ass. Because this game would be shit without bullet time, and I'm not sure how bullet time would work in online.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    4116-4612-5453-3059
    Seems to have more replay value than the Bioshock demo anyway.

[Zero Motivation, The Guy With Cloud Envy]

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay61
    Seems to have more replay value than the Bioshock demo anyway.
    theres probably plenty of things you havent done/obtained in the bioshock demo. stranglehold demo i did play a couple times, but once you learn what to do its boring (like what things can be broken to fall on guys)
    in the bioshock demo there are armor pericing pistol rounds, 2 tapes, you can get drunk, you can listen to the conversation the man and the woman have or the creepy old woman talking to herself, if you listen to one of the tapes carefully you can find out a major game detail also.

Ads