LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    I've heard elites have extra heat syncs, although my elite feels the same as premiums.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.
    - George Carlin

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    I've heard elites have extra heat syncs, although my elite feels the same as premiums.
    Nope. They have the exact same internals as any other 360. I know they added another heat sync to the 360's a while ago to help witht he overheating problem though.

Member #
    Friends
    As Krusnik says, starting around the time of the release of the Elite, they upgraded the heatsinks in ALL XBoxes released. So, Elites have a better heatsink that the original XBox core and premium versions, but not better than the ones you can buy new now.

Also, they didn't add more heatsinks, they simply replaced the existing ones with LARGER ones.

So, less likely to overheat. AND less likely to, as a result of overheating, suffer motherboard deformation that results in having the CPU and/or GPU separate from the motherboard, causing the primary type of 3 light failure. But they still have them. They still fail, and they still suffer errors that brick them.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by TiwazTyrsfist
    So, Go look at my thread over here for the answer. 360 at Target

In short, No, it does not.
    They still use the same .98 nm chips rather than newer .65 nm chips, meaning they run just as hot and just as loud.
    They still use the cheaper solder that becomes brittle over time from heat changes, and develops micro-fractures causing increased resistance.
    And they still, apparently, have the same bad design on the disc drive, causing circular disc scratching.

And yes Virginia, the do get the three light Red Ring of Death.

But then again, they also play awesome games, and have a 120 gb hard drive, so, you know, whatever...
    lol, i was jsut about to link youre thread.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    If they haven't fixed it by now... I'm not sure they ever will.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    Oh ok. You would have thought that Micro$oft would have siezed this oppurtunity to make a console that doesn't have a 50% failure rate within a year, but once again Mr Gates has squatted down and took a crap on the little guys.
    Within a year? PFfttt.. I had mine for 4 months and I got hit with a red ring.

A facile eternity is an overused dream.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaOni
    Within a year? PFfttt.. I had mine for 4 months and I got hit with a red ring.
    I've had mine since launch and it's still fine :P

I thought I got the red ring the other day but it turns out it was just overheated (I left a tshirt on top of it )

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    I've had mine since launch and it's still fine :P

I thought I got the red ring the other day but it turns out it was just overheated (I left a tshirt on top of it )
    Yeah, that'll do it. There's also a way that you can overheat your 360 and it'll get rid of the red ring.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I got hit with a red ring at first then, I restarted it to find out the lazer eye actually broke. It was great....

A facile eternity is an overused dream.
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads