LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Darn you xbox.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    no they are in the process of sending me a new 'coffin', i wish it were another xbox..

lmao @ changing my thread name to "Darn" from "F_ck"

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    I like you're anology for the box, lol. A "coffin".
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Odd. I rented a perfectly good working one. Its usually cool, no scratchy, noisy tho. I hope I'll be that lucky in buying one.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    goodluck with that...whats the rental policy if the xbox breaks on you?

Member #
    Friends
    maybe you should rent an xbox if its killing you so much not having one. i know id probably die cause i play mine every day. if its like 30 bucks for a week it might be worth it once you really start to miss it lol.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    So is there really an updated version that doesn't have this problem or no? If yes is it after a certain production date or something how do you tell it from an old one? Also is it true that the elite doesn't have this problem or is that just rumor? Has it been cnfirmed that heat causes the RROD? Thanks

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy
    So is there really an updated version that doesn't have this problem or no? If yes is it after a certain production date or something how do you tell it from an old one? Also is it true that the elite doesn't have this problem or is that just rumor? Has it been cnfirmed that heat causes the RROD? Thanks
    I made a thread asking if the elite had fixed it, it hasnt. The elite has exactly the same internals as the xbox 360 (besides some upgraded hard drive space).

The actual problem that causes the red ring is when the xbox rapidly heats up and cools down, the motherboard gets slightly warped. This happens to alot of electronics (including the wii) but to knowhere near as bigger scale.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    maybe you should rent an xbox if its killing you so much not having one. i know id probably die cause i play mine every day. if its like 30 bucks for a week it might be worth it once you really start to miss it lol.
    nah I can wait..i still got other stuff to keep me busy, its just that i dont want to go through the repair crap again, and its a hassle just to play a game and it really shouldnt be when the console costs over 300 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy
    no, even the newest elites have the problem..i think the 360 will always have the problem, unless they change the chipset all together, which would make it a new system..probably by next christmas microsoft will step up their game..but for now all 360's have the risk of getting rrod..it sucks but its true

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay588
    no, even the newest elites have the problem..i think the 360 will always have the problem, unless they change the chipset all together, which would make it a new system..probably by next christmas microsoft will step up their game..but for now all 360's have the risk of getting rrod..it sucks but its true
    The annoying thing is, they don't give any prior warning. It could be working perfectly fine one day and you could turn it on the next morning and be greeted by the little red "up yours" from Micro$oft.

Luckily mine is still fine even since the release date

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I like how you're thread title was changed to be more user friendly. On a darker note, my "repaired" 360 red lighted on me last night, but I turned it off and then pulled the hard drive out, blew dust out of the console and let it cool for the rest of the night. Tried again the next day and it worked, but I don't trust its integrity now. Too much Halo 3 I'm guessing, all the schools in my county have canceled classes for the rest of the week, even my college due to the massive amount of wildfires in the area spewing ash into the air making it difficult to breathe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads