Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    It really isn't that rare with the older consoles, but these newer ones have had less problems then say mine which is almost a year old now. I would have to say you have less of a chance of getting the RROD now then people with older consoles.

2. Ads

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Sounds pretty good to me....but thats if im lucky...right?
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    I would say that the chance of a new console having the RROD problem is pretty low. Also my previous console, which was a year or two old, never faced the RROD problem. The only reason that I shipped mine in was because it had a broken video port which was due to forcing in the cables too much I believe. However, other than that it had no problems whatsoever.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    I would say that the chance of a new console having the RROD problem is pretty low. Also my previous console, which was a year or two old, never faced the RROD problem. The only reason that I shipped mine in was because it had a broken video port which was due to forcing in the cables too much I believe. However, other than that it had no problems whatsoever.
    nah, id say its still pretty high, maybe but all the stuff about 1 and 3/4 consoles get it is all over. out of my friends list about 5 or 6 have gotten the red rings that i know of (i have 100 friends on it) there are probably more that have gotten it but they really dont mind since they know microsoft pays for everything and they each have a 3 year warranty. its more of a: woop i got the red rings i wont be on for a couple of weeks! than it is: omg red rings dooooooom! dooooooooooooooooooooooom!
    all in all its better now and even if you do get it within the first 3 years of owning your console know that microsoft has you covered.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

JT.
    Member #
    Friends
    If you use a windows, the red ring of death shouldn't be too new to you. You must have at some stage had the blue screen of death pop up. Microsoft products working as they do... (in other words: not working for you slow ones)

Signature under construction

"Life's a game", and I lost the manual...

wii owner since release Yellow_Wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    BOLLOX! its a fact and everyone know's that from a year of buying it it WILL get the red ring

it happen's to everyone's

i've had mine for 7 month's, i'm waiting for it to die

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    If it's a fact then can you please explain to me as to why my console was over a year old and never suffered from the RROD?

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    i wouldn't say 'a few' of them have this problem, wasn't it like 33%?

i might buy in way later, but probably not since ssbb will keep me busy, depends on my financial situation

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    iv had my premium console for just over a year now and stil havent had the "red ring of death" as its called,

anyway i cant really help as i dont use my 360 only my Brother does,

oh and guess what i got my PS3 today so i wont use my wii for a while either, even though imPlaying MP3 now lol.

god dam system update for PS3 is taking ages 1 hour and its only at 35%

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I've had mine since November 2006... no RROD at all. It's not every console (as stated already), only some. The chances of you getting the RROD are pretty low, if you purchase one now. Most consoles to have suffered from the RROD pretty easily are mainly the 360 Launch consoles.

The RRoD had a 30% occurrence with the older models. It's been very low since the newer models came out (Q4 2006 i think). But the chances of you getting it, is pretty non-existant.. but even if you do, your 360's warranty has you covered for 3 years i believe.

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

--------------------------
    Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Ads