LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    The new Falcon Motherboard 360s are out now arent they? that should pretty much take care of the RROD in most cases as long as you take care of it and dont get a piggy back cooler (like teh Nyko one) and dont put it in ur oven while playing it. etc.

mine actually did get teh RROD so i took it back to the store, they plugged it in, didnt show up again, said "we cant take this, not trying to be a dick but their basically looking for a reason to fire us emplyees lately" so i was understanding, took it home, has been fine since. (weird i know, it was the 3 lights, not 4, too. explain that one lol)

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    another thing to consider is that microsoft doesn't fix all red ring of death problems under warranty. it has to be a specific malfunction/red ring problem of the 360.

so this "microsoft is your friend/has you covered" talk in this thread is bs. you won't hear them announcing the specifics of their new "3 Year Warranty" in major press releases.

this is what happened to my little brother. pretty weak on microsoft's end.

that said though, i bought my 360 last may, and have only had disc read errors, which are supposedly normal... so i can't complain on my behalf, only my bros.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    If you still have your brothers broken console phone up microsoft again and this time tell them that you have the three red rings of death and that your brick light is green. From there they should send you a box to ship your console in. If they ship the same console back after you have sent yours in tough luck. However, if they were to ship you a new console congrats. I had to do something similar to that when my Xbox 360 had a broken video port. I phoned them up and told them that my console had the RROD. A few weeks later I received a brand new console.

Member #
    Friends
    so basically, syntax, you lied to microsoft and they didtn catch it? Bill Gates is a theif, good for you! lol

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

I LIKE MONEY AND THE WII Mr Money's Avatar
    Member #
    bolton, survivor of the outbreak in Racoon City!
    Friends
    2750-8731-4798-5755
    I heard that MS will replace it if it has the red light thing.

Games i own for wii: Wii Sports/Play, Warioware SM,
    Resident Evil: UC, Super Mario Galaxy, MarioSCF, Links Crossbow Training
    MOH: Vanguard, Splinter Cell DA.

Games i own for DS: TLOZ:Phantom Hourglass, Pokemon Diamond, Dr Kawashima's More Brain Training

no one likes someone who begs for karma (respect)- Isaac Baily

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    If you still have your brothers broken console phone up microsoft again and this time tell them that you have the three red rings of death and that your brick light is green. From there they should send you a box to ship your console in. If they ship the same console back after you have sent yours in tough luck. However, if they were to ship you a new console congrats. I had to do something similar to that when my Xbox 360 had a broken video port. I phoned them up and told them that my console had the RROD. A few weeks later I received a brand new console.
    spose that's worth a try. i know he's called a few times, so they may have a standing record of his past calls.

but going through all this should NOT be necessary.

i just think microsoft has deceived a lot of consumers with this new 3 year warranty. it's not a fix on their flawed system if it doesn't cover a broad enough scope of problems associated with manufacturer defects.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    so basically, syntax, you lied to microsoft and they didtn catch it? Bill Gates is a theif, good for you! lol

Lied.. Sure why not.. There was no way that I was going to spend another $300 on a console that I could have replaced for free

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    Lied.. Sure why not.. There was no way that I was going to spend another $300 on a console that I could have replaced for free
    lol, i wasnt suggesting you did anything wrong. microsoft can take the hit. screw them for putting out a crappy console anyways lol.

Hello-Moto/Go Leafs Go!!! wiiman14's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Should I buy a fan for mine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamoo
    Jeez I can see it now......Robo Hookers for 20,000 wii points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I forgot to say "w00t one year" about a month ago

Member #
    Friends
    wiiman14, no.. they dont really do much from what ive read. and in a few cases they actually leeched too much power off the 360 and fryed it.

Ads