LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Can't wait to get it gotta wait until Christmas, but back when it was announced I had huge expectations for it and from what I've seen it's more than lived up

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjayes
    I have it, beat in 23 hours. Yeah, I beat all the sidequests and explored all the planets. I really thought it was going to be a 30-40 hour game on the main storyline alone... it's not. The frame rate also drops EVERYTIME you're about to enter combat, but then runs smoothly after a while. My ally AI is as dumb as a rock, but so is the enemy AI.

Anyway, just thought you'd like to know some of the cons. Phenominal game, but not without its faults.
    You know, i find it highly unbelievable that you completed the entire game, including all side-quests in 23hrs. The main missions only rack up to about 15-20hrs, and to complete every side-quest in under 8hrs?... including the Citadel side-quests that are unlocked after completing some of the main missions in other clusters.

I'm guessing you did very little of conversing with others, including squad mates. And probably didn't explore that much of every planet, since there's locations on the planets that don't appear on the main Map.

The AI does have it's moments of stupidity, but it really comes down to if you fail at commanding your allies, and how they should behave during combat.. if their skills are poor, and you just leave them to fight on their own, they'll undoubtedly get massacred. Especially if you have the difficulty on Casual (which dumbs the AI down)..

I'm already 34hrs into the game (still on my first playthrough), and have yet to complete every single side-quest, including the special side-quests for your crew members (Wrex, Ashley, Garrus, etc), which can only be acquired through having conversations with them.

All of the conversations, side-quests, main missions, and full planet explorations would register to about 40-50+hrs of gameplay.

And there's still the whole playing through it a second time, for the other gender or opposite personality, and classes for a differen't storyline and experience, which would register another 15-30hrs of gameplay. Since the game obviously won't play the exact same way a second time through (unless you do everything you did the last time, exactly.)
    Last edited by Gikoku Harakami; 11-25-2007 at 03:43 PM.

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    I also did all the sidequests - I'm confident i got at least 95% of them done, if not 100%. I ended up finishing at 28 hours with characters level 50.

Mario Strikers Charged FC: 017281 652912
    Pokemon Diamond FC: 4596 6548 3757
    Name: Sam

Please send me a PM if you add

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun
    I also did all the sidequests - I'm confident i got at least 95% of them done, if not 100%. I ended up finishing at 28 hours with characters level 50.
    28-30hrs sounds about right to me, Including the involvement of conversations.

But 23hrs, including all the side-quests to be unlocked at Noveria, Citadel, and Virmer (sp?) after completing missions elsewhere...seems a little odd.

Gikoku ハラカミ

Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Ads