Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    My system is a Core System and I bought my HD separately and I was still allowed up to three free gold month trial accounts.
    Then it has it then.

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

--------------------------
    Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    The Arcade (cores were cancelled) goes for about $280us and comes with HDMI, a single wireless controller and a 256MB memory unit (not a card per se).

The Pro/Premium runs about $349, comes with a wireless controller, 20GB drive and HDMI port.

The Elite is about $449, comes with a 120GB drive, Wiresless controller, HDMI port AND HDMI cable. Plus the Elites are a cool black color

Any way you go, you can get XboxLive Gold for $50-$60/13months if you buy it all at once. Well worth it. I can't see paying $10/month for each game (like WoW, etc. requires), but 10/month for ALL games is ok with me.

I'll tell you upfront, the lack of a HDD will drive you nuts. The Arcade's 256MB unit is NOT enough space for many games/saves.

Even my son complains about the 20GB drive being too small. Once you get your 360, you'll want to take advantage of xBoxLive and all it's demos, freebies, etc. 20GB isn't enough.

I've had my Elite's 120GB drive down to about 30GB free before cleaning some old demos off.

I say save your money and wait to get an Elite. Then you don't have to worry about anything except another controller for your friend.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    I Would Get An Elite If I Had More Money

Member #
    Friends
    Yea, that's a tough problem. Buy now / play now and worry about space or wait and save up money to get the larger drive and not worry about space.

I think it's going to be a bigger issue nw that people can download games from xBoxLive, not to mention uploading dIVX/xVID/AVI files to the console. I just put Tripping the Rift, Space: Above & Beyond, BSG Season 1 and Family Guy Season 1 & 2 on mine.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    7448-6534-8132-0252
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    My system is a Core System and I bought my HD separately and I was still allowed up to three free gold month trial accounts.

you get three? I thought it was only 1-30 day trial?

MSC Code:463963 185826

If you want an easy win go ahead and play me...tell me if you add me

EA Username: TitansATB go ahead and add me on this

Ads