LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    bioshock, need i say more?

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I would go with The Orange Box; I'm pretty sure he'll get a lot of playtime out it.

Member #
    Friends
    I love sports games myself and own Madden and Tiger Woods. I would pick up Madden '08 for the Xbox, since '09 won't be out until August at the earliest. If he likes golf Tiger Woods '08 is also a solid game. The graphics are pretty good in both games. As for FPS, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Halo 3... I'm not a big online gamer, so those games keep me entertained w/o going online.

Also - the Need for Speed series are pretty good too, and great graphics.

Member #
    Friends
    6515-5205-9862-4856
    Thanks so much! I didn't get a notification of all these replies, or I would have visited the site much sooner!

I actually was considering Dead Rising . . . perhaps it is not too late. We both love zombie movies and thought that one looked cool! I really appreciate all the suggestions!

Here's what I wound up getting so far: BioShock, NHL 08, Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (I know it's supposed to be crappy, but it was cheap used and good for a laugh), and old Tecmo Bowl for original Xbox. Oh, also an Xbox magazine with a demo disc so he can try some other stuff. I'm seriously wanting Dead Rising now though! I bet I can find a used copy! Orange Box is still really intriguing me too, I'll keep an eye out for that as well. I guess I can't get him EVERYTHING, he'll want to pick out a few for himself. I asked my brother for Best Buy gift cards so there we go! He's also gonna want a music game, so maybe Rock Band or GHIII for Valentine's Day? Rock Band would be good - I get him a guitar, he gets me a microphone, and it's nonstop fun!

I know he's going to want Madden 08 eventually, but this should keep him busy (maybe not til August, but you never know). Also he has Tiger Woods 08 for the Wii and really likes the controls on that so he may not be playing golf on other systems for a while.

What is Crackdown? I'll have to look that up! We do have a Gamefly membership so maybe he can rent that and see if he likes it (they usually have a "keep it" option if you can't bear to send it back). I have the queue stocked with Wii games right now but I suppose I could let him rent a 360 game or two while I obsess about my MySims town star rating.

I don't know what to tell ya SamXcor3, I like getting my hubby stuff that I know he will enjoy! He works hard and deserves a little fun, and I'd rather have him home in his jammies shooting pretend zombies than out at the bar! I was the one who "made" him get a PS2 back a few yrs ago cuz the PC games kept messing up my normal PC activities, and we love our consoles now. I'm not very good at gaming, but there are a few I enjoy with him (Karaoke Revolution + beer = FUN). Then again, sometimes I have to gently encourage him to go play some games when I just wanna watch America's Next Top Model, LOL! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Member #
    Friends
    In Crackdown you play a "law enforcement agent". Think Dirty Harry with major firepower and body armor and then you have a huge city to clean up.

Skills grow based on use. So the more you shoot things, the better you get a hitting them and do more damage. The more you jump and climb the sides of buildings, the higher/farther you can jump.

Great game, lots of fun, not a lot of thought required (something I like since I have to think to much for work).
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Orange Box may not be a bad idea I mostly have it for Team Fortress 2, but Portal is really fun and for my adolescent brain a real challenge and I guess Half-Life 2 is really fun I've liked what I've played so far and if you ever get LIVE send me a FR I can help you out with most 360 stuff: ZeroZeppelin23

also Halo 3 might be fun for you I like playing with 2 or 3 friends much more than online anyway

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6515-5205-9862-4856
    Wow, Crackdown sounds totally awesome - that would totally tide him over until the new Grand Theft Auto comes out! I am running out of time for stuff to arrive at home before he does. He's been working out of state for months and comes home on Friday (how DO normal couples hide each other's Xmas gifts, I'll never know).

I was thinking I had a pretty good balance (shooter, sports, T&A, retro) but you guys have me wanting MORE MORE MORE!

My parents are buying us the Xbox, and we'll probably open our presents to each other first, so I have to hide all these and pretend like I only bought him a stupid clipboard and stuff for his camera. We discussed buying an Xbox and decided it was too expensive right now, so I hope he will be surprised! Then when we get it home, I can go "Hey honey, what's in this box? Is it yours?" hee hee hee! I can't wait!!!

Member #
    Friends
    8392-1517-9784-9992
    Can someone post the Link to the new guitar thats coming in January.

Member #
    Friends
    i might get criticized for this but
    b4 u guyz get the 360 think about it....nd get the Wii

Member #
    Friends
    2053-7387-5258-1341
    The only game i liked for the 360 was the elder scrolls IV : oblivion. A must have for any RPG fan

My wii games
    Wii Sports Resident Evil 4 Dragon Blade : Wrath of Fire GHIII
    My VC games
    Super Metroid Kirbys Adventure Ghouls & Ghosts

Ads