LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Hey, I'm currently deciding whether to get a 360 or a PS3...but if I was to go with the 360, would I be better to get an Ethernet cable to go from my router to my room, rather than buy the wireless adaptor? Because it would save me money, and I hear that wired is better than wireless. Are there any other advantages to wireless other than there not being any wires?

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Think it's better to use a wire so the signal won't like... drop. But parents would kill me if I had a long wire going through my house. So I would personally get a wireless adapter, but if you don't mind the wires, use the wire!

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Think it's better to use a wire so the signal won't like... drop. But parents would kill me if I had a long wire going through my house. So I would personally get a wireless adapter, but if you don't mind the wires, use the wire!
    Nice one...I'll have to see what my old man thinks of helping me thread the wire through, I'm sure it isn't a problem.

Member #
    Friends
    2319-8640-8665-4952
    To SensesFail

I found a 50ft (25m) ethernet for approximately £9 including shipping which is approximately $17.78. And thanks for the offer on the cable but i have nagged my dad to get a high quality KLOTZ (i think is the brand) ethernet cable so all is well lol.

And thanks for hijacking my thread Lewi T (only joking! )

Thanks for all your replies,

WIIMAN999

Wii60 Elite Owner
    360 Games: Forza 2, Viva Pinata, Ace Combat 6, King Kong,
    Fifa 07, Rockstar Table Tennis, Call of Duty 4, GRAW.
    Wii Games: Wii Sports, Wii Play, NFS Carbon, SMG, TH Downhill Jam, SSX Blur, SCDA, re4 Wii edition, MSCF.
    Gamerscore: 2035! FTW...ONLY HAD XBOX ABOUT A MONTH!

My Gamertag is WiseGuy123. PM me if you add me! Currently don't have XBL!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by WIIMAN999
    To SensesFail

I found a 50ft (25m) ethernet for approximately 9 including shipping which is approximately $17.78. And thanks for the offer on the cable but i have nagged my dad to get a high quality KLOTZ (i think is the brand) ethernet cable so all is well lol.

And thanks for hijacking my thread Lewi T (only joking! )

Thanks for all your replies,

WIIMAN999
    Lol, apologies...this thread helped me initially but I just needed to ask a quick question, so there was no point in making a new thread! You were joking though so all is good

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by arogeek
    i think wireless is slower, personaly....................
    Not necessarily slower, but definitely not as good a connection.

I run two different set-ups, when I'm at my apt I run a shorter, say 6 foot ethernet cable and it's the best speed and connection for me anyway, but when I take it to my parents house I have to use a 50 foot cable, and it seems as though it is a little lower quality connection, but I'm not sure if that's my cable or just the internet being used by more than just my xbox at their house. Also depends on where you are in the world, some countries have better internet than others. I would go with wired over wireless, and it is a lot cheaper, but do you mind having a cable run down the hall and around the corner?

Member #
    Friends
    2445-2243-5053-9619
    At some stores, like Wal-Mart, you can go to the electronics section where they sell cables and wires and buy some little plastic cable holders that use small nails hammered into the walls to hold cables. They are technically made for coax cables, but I use them to run my cat5 cables from the router in the computer room to the consoles in the living room.

Every couple of feet along the baseboards, tack in a holder and run the cable through. Go up and around doorways so you don't have to worry about tripping on it.

Our walls, cables, and the little cable holders are all white, so you can't even really see the setup.
    MSC code: 481146-484356

SSBB code: 1590-4394-6881

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    I have my Xbox wired into my laptop which acts as a wireless device. All it takes is some port forwarding.
    You can do that...? Can you tell me how? Or give me a link to show me how for future references? Thats cool... I know SOME about port fowarding, but I duno which ports to foward n such.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Current Wii titles: Wii Sports, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Pre-ordered).

Virtual Console: Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. : The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 3, Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda: Adenture of Link, Bonk 2, Kirby's Adventure

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads