LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    my noob friend has 50k+ gamerscore, he was the only one ive ever heard that has made fun of someone for having a low gamerscore (but it was as a joke). achievements are awesome, but i think its not the size of your gamescore but the quality (example: you might have gotten 5,000 kills in Shadowrun but have you gotten a Perfect game in Pac-Man? Which one takes more skill?)

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Gamerscore obviously doesnt make you good. But it shows how long you have had your Xbox or atleast most of the time. Someone whi 250 gamerscore tends to not know what they are talking about when it comes to the 360. I dont mean they don't know what they're talking abuot when it comes to a certain game, but the actual Xbox. If I were asking about what XBL was like, im going to believe the guy with 5,000 gamerscore over someone with 250 because guess who has had more experience? Atleast... chances are he does...

I personally don't think there's such thing as a better "gamer" atleast not overall. People are good at the game they play most, or the genre they play the most. Gamescore does not measure how good you are. Because alot of achievements can be gotten if you play a game for a really long time. Like getting 10,000 kills on Gears of War doesn't make you good. It just means you play the game alot.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    I liked the Shadowrun achievements because a lot of them you could get in one game like Godlike but personally I think all achievements should be doing something strategic instead of something you just play a long time to get. TF2 achievements for me were the most disapointing they could have made them much better

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    I believe that achievements make the games more entertaining. It gives you something more to do and allows for you and friends to compare your games. Also, when you think about it, achievements are quite similar to that of challenges that you may come across in Mario games such as Mario Strikers Charged and Super Smash Bros Melee.

Member #
    Friends
    achievements are optional. calm down. microsoft doesnt force you to do them. they dont point a gun to your head and scream "YOU DIDNT GET ALL 1000 GAMERSCORE YOU FAIL!" its just for people who like to extend the replay value of games. one of my xbl friends has over 31000 points.

although i agree, buying a game for the easy gamerpoints is stupid, RENT IT! lol

edit: speaking of renting for GP, i saw a youtube video of some anime avatar game or sumthing and the guy got 1000 points in the duration of the video, wich was about 2 minutes long i think. im pretty sure it has like 4 achievements.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKE196
    don't like games that long lol but i really don't like these short fps's with online and a buhmillion achivements.

Cod4 has a million achivements and stuff to earn but you don't stand a chance against anyone whose been playing for a really long time online.
    None of the achievements for COD 4 are online related, they're all having to do with the campaign and how difficult you make it when you do it.

I agree for the most part with you Prinny, if the gamerscore counted for something then I wouldn't care at all. Say you get to a certain # and you earn Microsoft points or something. I don't understand people who solely play games just to boost their gamerscore, I try to get most of the achievements for the games I like, but I don't rent/buy random games to boost that score. I like the achievements in themselves, little extra motivation if you know what I mean, but I don't care too much about the gamerscore.
    Last edited by blueovalboy7; 01-20-2008 at 03:14 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    8340-4296-5417-5503
    I like achievements, it makes me feel I accomplished something in the game.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    There was a lazy one in Portal
    20'000 foot drop (it might be more)
    Portal above and below
    Leave for about ten minuets
    Wonder if it will work on here ?

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Like I said sometimes it adds and sometimes it just makes you play longer

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    There was a lazy one in Portal
    20'000 foot drop (it might be more)
    Portal above and below
    Leave for about ten minuets
    Wonder if it will work on here ?

lol nice one
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads