Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Lost Odyssey Trash/Mediocre

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...60/lostodyssey

So, Like always I never buy a game before reviews unless im 100% positive it will be good (Mass Effect).

So far it looks like this game sucks and im not gonna buy it. I guess i'll have to wait for FF13 for PS3.

Edit: Actually I hope they release a demo and GI review. So far the reviews seem to think this style of RPG is old school and not as fun as it used to be. But some player reviews and blogs seem to think the game is really good and urge to buy the game to make Mistwalker is 1st party company.
    Last edited by T3kNi9e; 02-12-2008 at 07:06 PM.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    wait till IGN's review.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Halo 3 & CoD4 & RB6V2 deadlydasher's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i would trust gametrailers their good..but dang u only buy games after the review comes out....i only buy games that i know ill like lol. im only 12 and of course my parents dont buy me games...only on christmas which is the best day of the year..i get a new console almost every christmas...though this year i was hoping for a ps3 since i got a wii and a computer instead last year...but if u really want to know if its good instead of waiting until the review just rent the game.

Leo SSBB FC-201993274358
    1 on 1
    no items
    3 stocks
    I'll make the room
    P.M me

Member #
    Friends
    I hate IGN almost as much as I hate GameSpot, they can suck my balls.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydasher
    i would trust gametrailers their good..but dang u only buy games after the review comes out....i only buy games that i know ill like lol. im only 12 and of course my parents dont buy me games...only on christmas which is the best day of the year..i get a new console almost every christmas...though this year i was hoping for a ps3 since i got a wii and a computer instead last year...but if u really want to know if its good instead of waiting until the review just rent the game.
    I rent when reviews aren't so good (like this game). But I don't go purely on reviews, they just help me make a decision.
    Last edited by The_Mitch; 02-13-2008 at 11:18 AM.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    I hate IGN almost as much as I hate GameSpot, they can suck my balls.
    ign is the best.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Basically, if you like the old school FF's (I through to X), there is a big chance you will love Lost Odyssey. Its a turn based JRPG through and through.

Mario Strikers Charged FC: 017281 652912
    Pokemon Diamond FC: 4596 6548 3757
    Name: Sam

Please send me a PM if you add

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Clearly they don't like it because they think "Old School" turn-based RPG's are no fun anymore. Nothing but an opinion, not a fact. I couldn't care for IGN either, not much different than the other sites, just another editor's opinion. It wouldn't surprise me if Final Fantasy 14 was turn-based, with them hopping all over it and easily forgiving it for returning to it's roots.

Lost Odyssey clearly appeals to those who can still appreciate the old strategic ways of traditional turn-based RPG's, like a nice a game of chess. I'm definitely getting this game.
    Last edited by Gikoku Harakami; 02-12-2008 at 07:37 PM.

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    Yea people dont seem to like JRPG's anymore. I never loved but the games I did play I liked it. The hardest thing was starting a new game in JRPG because it gets more exciting as the story goes on.

Whats ironic is how much people say FF7 was the best FF game of all time. But they seem to now hate JRPG style... I really hope they release a demo. Is their a demo? I don't have my 360, I don't get it back until either tomorrow or Thursday.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Yea people dont seem to like JRPG's anymore. I never loved but the games I did play I liked it. The hardest thing was starting a new game in JRPG because it gets more exciting as the story goes on.

Whats ironic is how much people say FF7 was the best FF game of all time. But they seem to now hate JRPG style... I really hope they release a demo. Is their a demo? I don't have my 360, I don't get it back until either tomorrow or Thursday.
    Yeah, it's very ironic that FF7 & FF8 are still looked upon as the greatest Final Fantasies of all time, yet they start disliking a game that has the same gameplay mechanics as FF8... go figure.

They released a demo disc of Lost Odyssey in Japan, but I didn't hear anything about any demo being released in the US, or the UK.

Gikoku ハラカミ

Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    I hope there is soon :/

I also heard Blue Dragon was underrated and that also is a JRPG that people said was actually good. Blue Dragon was also developed by MISTWALKER

Also the Game Designer of both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey is the dame game designer from FF1-12

Ads