LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: price cut?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think its possible that they do a slight price drop before christmas, but thats just a chance, there is no guarantee on that. Im just thinking strategically :P But after this "Opus" or "Valhalla" processors there's a very good chance they drop price then.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

2. Ads

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by zapasant93
    how late we talking here?

cause you aoghta consider christmas?

will they keep the price high to get more money during christmas, or will they drop it to get more sales?

it can be a gamble
    As long as they're still making a profit they can drop it however low they want, I just don't know their manufacturing costs, I know it's less than it was, but like mentioned before the Opus and Vahalla internals are supposedly going to be more reliable, cheaper, and faster so that should enable them to lower prices and still make a good profit. If they do drop it this year it will most likely be around the holidays so they can push more product.
    Last edited by blueovalboy7; 02-16-2008 at 10:11 PM.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ok, so I don't usually research these things, but I was looking at some articles on the Opus and Vahalla chipsets and I saw a newer, less expensive chipset due to come out around August dubbed the Jasper chipset which will be sporting dual 65 nm cpu/gpu chips and thus easier to cool, cheaper to produce, and in turn should prove to be more reliable. So what I'm getting at is that we may see a price drop around that time, because they dropped the price when they introduced the Falcon chipset so it is likely that we will see another drop at the implementation of the Jasper set.

This is all based on the info I found, not sure how reliable it is. I'd suggest doing your own research to see if you can verify.

Ads