LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Blu-Ray may be adding sales to the PS3 but in no way is it taking them from the 360 and HD-DVD really isn't one of the 360's marketing points

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    it helps sales of the Ps3 because of the price of the blu ray players, people figure kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get a ps3

Member #
    Friends
    i will be looking forward to a blu-ray player attachment in the 360.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    I believe Microsoft own a part of Blu-Ray anyway.

Member #
    Friends
    i wonder if microsoft had a feeling about this and lowered the price of the hd dvd player because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by manufan15
    Hahahahaha. The GBA is beating the PS3 by about 2000 units. Lol.

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah thats why they did that. But most people know whats going on with HD-DVD vs Blu-ray because of 360 vs PS3 so they are smart enough to know its a waste of money to buy a HD-DVD.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    but before bluray, there were hddvd and dvd still around, dvds and hd dvds will still be sold and rented, not everyone can afford ps3s or bluray players yet..but now they can afford hddvd players and surely dvd players, i dont see why these companies wont rent/sell them anymore just because ps3 is finally getting noticed as the cheap bluray player.

i think microsoft got the point, and now theyre probably gonna rob us with another console fully equipped with bluray and possibly hddvd all in one? anything is possible with todays technology, and microsoft definitely have tomorrows technology already, if that makes any sense to ya

Member #
    Friends
    Its not because of PS3, its because Blu-ray has better quality and more space than a HD-DVD and they both costs the same... so why settle for less?

HD-DVD players and Blu-ray players were selling for the same price. They only recently dropped the price because movie studios will no longer be releasing movies on Blu-ray. So companies like toshiba are now selling them at low prices to get rid of the because they will no longer be manufacturing them.

I mean, why make more HD-DVD players or HD-DVD's if no movies will be made on it?

Also by the time the next console is released it will cost less to make Blu-ray players so I doubt we will have to pay a whole lot for it. Its not so much of forcing a format on us just for movies. The main thing that would make it ideal for MS to make an internal Blu-ray drive is for space on a disc. Unless Sony gets a cut of the profit for using Blu-ray? I don't know... If they do, then MS will likely make their own discs especially made for their games. But this is just speculation by me.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I think the HD-DVD format would have put up a better fight if it had been built into the 360, like how Blu-Ray is built into the PS3, but overall the format is just better like previously stated. Good thing Microsoft went with an external, so all they really have to do is change the format of those internals and whoop there you go, blu-ray player.

Member #
    Friends
    well the movie American gangster is being released on DVD and HD dvd only so I don't think HD is out for the count just yet

Ads