LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I personally think Duke3D is better than Goldeneye by a long shot. I played Goldeneye on N64 alot, but no where near as much as Duke3D. Wolfenstein created FPS, Doom improved on FPS and Duke3D perfected it
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

2. Ads

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    I found Perfect Dark MUCH more fun than Goldeneye.

It had everything that 007 had, and more. More weapons, with secondary fire functions, customizable AI, better graphics, etc.

If not for the fact that Goldeneye was the first title to offer multiplayer death matches on a console it's a mile-marker in the gaming world. But if not for that then I see no reason to even remember the game since (IMHO) perfect dark not only did all goldeneye could do, but more and better.
    NiGHTS Friend code: 1633-3288-9171
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend code: 1633-3900-0312

Member #
    Friends
    Remember the co-op? One guy could be the agent and one could be the bad guys.
    Last edited by T3kNi9e; 02-21-2008 at 11:38 AM.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    I might sound like a sad old gamer but here goes.

Goldeneye is an amazing game. What sets it apart from almost every other FPS is the level design which still stands up to this day. Remember crawling through the vent and capping the guy on the toilet? Remember trying to save Natalia while the annoying wench tapped on the computer with enemies coming at you from all angles? Remember launching the spaceship after killing jaws? What about the first time you shot a guard in the arse!

If you've played it right through then you will remember all these and a hundred more little moments that defined the game and set it apart from anything else before it and a whole lot since.

I cheat system is also one of the finest ever implemented - completing the game is one thing but getting all the cheats is another. Facility in under 2:05 on 00 agent is fine example. And the added bonus of a statistic editor meant replay value was near infinite.

While I agree that Perfect Dark had a slightly better multi player (laptop gun!) it was only an extension of what had already been done beautifully in Goldeneye and the single player campaign wasn't nearly as rewarding. Never send a woman to do a mans job...

It also had a million glitches which in any other package would be unforgivable but the quality of the design meant even the glitches were fun.

Did I mention I like this game?

Member #
    Friends
    5930-2204-0713-5850
    Why is everyone saying that nintendo gave goldeneye to microsoft? did you guys not catch this part:

Oh yes. Will you, like us, be just a little bit angry too? Mmmm, maybe. Want to know more? The mystery unfolds - in shops - in seven days time."
    what do you think it is there a little mad about? Nintendo shutting the project down is my bet. . .

Its not my fault im a fast reader

Who cares about that? i have brawl! FC: 0817-3472-1993. PM me if you add me.

Ads