LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Microsoft Xbox 360 HD DVD Player Officially Discontinued

It was only a matter of time before Microsoft officially discontinued manufacturing the Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on, but it took them a few days longer than we expected. Their statement is finally out, and it signals Microsoft's official withdraw from HD DVD on the console front.

The good news is that they'll still continue to support and repair your player based on the standard warranty, but chances are you'll get little future use out of that player now that no movies will be made for it. What's still unclear is whether there will ever be a Blu-ray add-on to the 360 that's cheap enough to sell the Xbox + Blu-ray package at a comparable price to the PS3 ($399ish). We're guessing that something along these lines will hit within the year.
    Source

R.I.P. HD.

Old Signature

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status."

Member #
    Friends
    yeah blu-rays been announced for the 360 and im so happy it won because if hd-dvd won and blu-ray was out id be pissed taht id have to buy an hd dvd player and my ps3's blu-ray would eventually be obselete.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    I doubt they can release a Blu-ray that will beat the price of $399 when combined with the 360. Because Blu-rays are not that cheap and the 360 isn't going to get some insanely huge price cut.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    FYI, they've dropped the price to $49.00 - it's available on Best Boob (store or direct). The 5 free discs offer is for purchases up to Feb 28th (then it has to be postmarked by March 31st).

5 discs at $10 each plus a free drive (that's also PC compatible) is almost tempting
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    It almost made me want to buy it when I heard of it, but still a waste
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads