LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979

GTA:IV 360 Version Has Better Framerate and Load Times?

Neil Corbett from Rockstar, Lead QA on Grand Theft Auto IV, posted on the english forum rllmukforum.com discussing the differences between the two versions of the game and the Xbox 360 exclusive contents. This is what he had to say:

"Hello, as it stands the Xbox 360 version has the smoother framerate & far faster loading times (without any installing) but the PS3 version does have that warm feeling with bleached out sunsets & the like. The extra content of the 360 version is significant but nothing like an 'extra Island' at all- as the lead platform it is currently the superior version however. Just you wait until your first windscreen-flying experience."

So it seems he considers the 360 version having an edge over the PS3 one, even if he subsequently adds: "Suffice to say that both versions are stunning."
    Source
    Last edited by CantGetAWii; 03-05-2008 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Had to fix title

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    The best version is no doubt going to be for the PS3, after all the Grand Theft Auto series did start out as a "Play Station" only game. But I'd choose better graphics over frame rate. True, Grand Theft Auto is meant to be a blood gushing, head sniping, road raging third person, but it's goal is too have the most breath taking graphics to accompany those aspects. We can just see that with Vice City when it first came out.
    Come Together.

Member #
    Friends
    Better framerate and loadtimes with exclusive content on the 360 and the PS3 is going to be the best version? You make no sense Floydd. Even if PS3 does have slightly better graphics and thats what makes it "better" then you meet the requirements for the stereotypical "graphic whore" that PS3/360 players are called.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Better framerate and loadtimes with exclusive content on the 360 and the PS3 is going to be the best version? You make no sense Floydd. Even if PS3 does have slightly better graphics and thats what makes it "better" then you meet the requirements for the stereotypical "graphic whore" that PS3/360 players are called.

Well it's only my opinion, people can disagree or agree. I know most people are going to bash me for my obsession with the slightest enhancement of graphics. Again I'm only stating my personal thoughts on the matter, and besides it's GTA IV I don't care how I play it, 360 or PS3.
    Come Together.

Member #
    Friends
    360 version will be better because of DLC, spec wise though ya PS3 version might run a bit smoother.

Member #
    Friends
    Did you read?

"Hello, as it stands the Xbox 360 version has the smoother framerate & far faster loading times (without any installing)"
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    i thought it wasn't supposed to have ANY load times

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Even next-gen has it's limits.

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

--------------------------
    Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Floydd
    The best version is no doubt going to be for the PS3, after all the Grand Theft Auto series did start out as a "Play Station" only game. But I'd choose better graphics over frame rate. True, Grand Theft Auto is meant to be a blood gushing, head sniping, road raging third person, but it's goal is too have the most breath taking graphics to accompany those aspects. We can just see that with Vice City when it first came out.
    the difference in graphics is next to unnoticeable..

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Floydd
    so you would rather play something that looks good but lags than something that looks ok and plays like a hot knife through butter?

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Ads