Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MS Won't Go Blu

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7428-8550-5786-2492

MS Won't Go Blu

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/859/859674p1.html

Looks like MS isnt in talks with sony for blu-ray, either MS is to stubborn to go Blu-Ray in the hands of defeat of HD-DvD or well....who knows

Quote by: Danny_c from Ps3forums

no thanks. i could not care less about home. its a very neat idea, but i didnt buy a video game system to enter a "virtual" world.

Member #
    Friends
    its strange because MS said they would support whoevers format wins. they probably just have some issues to work out before they go out saying its going to happen.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    yep, we will probably see something about this sooner or later

no thanks. i could not care less about home. its a very neat idea, but i didnt buy a video game system to enter a "virtual" world.

Member #
    Friends
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    It was just a rumor, i suggest you take that off before someone gets the wrong idea

all we know is MS isnt goin Blu

and we can infer they probably will

and to make it more stable

the date on that is march 6

and MS said this today that they arnt in talks with sony

Member #
    Friends
    Yea, apparently they think digital downloads will takeover discs. They are right yet so very wrong...

Digital downloads are the way of the future, but not this damn soon. This is way to soon to do this because for one, when you go by percentage, an extremely small percentage download movies and even smaller download them legit by paying.

Then there's the fact that these downloads are big... A normal DVD rip (ISO file) is around 4.47 GB (forgot the exact number). A HD-DVD rip is obviously bigger because its better quality. Then Blu-rays are even bigger so thats like "wtfnothxbai". So an even smaller percentage even have a internet connection fast enough to make it worth while.

So until digital downloads become alot more mainstream and the average internet connection can download really fast, it's extremely idiotic to think digital downloads will overshadow discs. I don't see it happening for ATLEAST another 20 years...

So when it comes to this decision, the only thing I can say is either MS is extremely proud or extremely stupid.

But since im not even actually familiar with digital downloads via Xbox Market Place (I don't download those movies/shows) then I could be all wrong. But I do download torrents of DVDs.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Yea, apparently they think digital downloads will takeover discs. They are right yet so very wrong...

Digital downloads are the way of the future, but not this damn soon. This is way to soon to do this because for one, when you go by percentage, an extremely small percentage download movies and even smaller download them legit by paying.

Then there's the fact that these downloads are big... A normal DVD rip (ISO file) is around 4.47 GB (forgot the exact number). A HD-DVD rip is obviously bigger because its better quality. Then Blu-rays are even bigger so thats like "wtfnothxbai". So an even smaller percentage even have a internet connection fast enough to make it worth while.

So until digital downloads become alot more mainstream and the average internet connection can download really fast, it's extremely idiotic to think digital downloads will overshadow discs. I don't see it happening for ATLEAST another 20 years...

So when it comes to this decision, the only thing I can say is either MS is extremely proud or extremely stupid.

But since im not even actually familiar with digital downloads via Xbox Market Place (I don't download those movies/shows) then I could be all wrong. But I do download torrents of DVDs.
    Or they just don't see it as a necessity. Obviously Blu-Ray isn't necessary to win the console war going on, Nintendo's already proving that as we speak. The 360 is doing fine as it is without Blu-Ray, though I don't really care if they do it or not, I just don't see any point in doing it when it isn't really necessary.

But, it's like with all companies when a rumor pops up. They always Deny, Deny, Deny.

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

--------------------------
    Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    No thats what they actually said lol. They said discs are a thing of the past and digital downloads is where its at. Not that I care about blu-ray... I would never buy movies at $25 when I can download and make my own DVDs for free.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    i dont want ms to go blu. might hurt ps3 sales. not a fanboy i just think the ps3 could use the extra help.

but anyways digital media downloads hopefully arent taking over anytime soon. i'd hate that.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    Their logic is revolved around ipods. People have been downloading/buying more mp3's than buying CD's now days. Which is very true... But even thinking MP3 downloads will completely make CD's irrelevant is idiotic enough, but to think digital downloads of movies will make DVD's irrelevant is just madness.

Ads