Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: broken xbox360

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    if this fails im just gonna buy the arcade edition as already have all the other stuff ...plus doesnt the arcade edition come with a wireless controller? That'd be cool cause i need a new one. My wireless makes all kind of squeeky on the left analog stick ,and it sometimes seems to stick in up even though its in neutral position causing my guy to move forward by himself.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    Arcade comes with a wired controller (I think).

Good luck with the repairs.

Member #
    Friends
    No it comes with a wireless, my brother bought one. All you're gonna need to do is keep your hard drive so you can put it on the arcade.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Well its fixxed. I used the penny trick ,and it worked. Most of my time working on the damn thing was spent tearing it open. It's all good now though

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    Nice. Now is overheating thing ALWAYS the cause for the RROD? Will I have to watch out for any other causes? I don't wanna be clueless when this shit happens to me.

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    I don't really know what causes to be sure ARav. They claim 3 rings is an hardware error code that caused from overheat (overheat itself is 2 rings) ,but i hadn't even touched my xbox for 3 days ,or so prior to the problem.

Then I opened the case put my electircal wrapped pennies on the 4 chips on the underside with thermal heat sink paste then i put it partially together without the fan made it over heat to throw at 2 ring error to reset the motherboard. (something not shown in the penny video)

Then i put the rest of the parts in ,and BOOM(in the past frank caliendo madden like voice) the thing worked.

Now mind you i had to go out ,and get a proper Torx set with a T8 ,and a T10 size torx in it for 15 bux ,but aside from that the thermal compound only cost 3 dollars.

So if in other words if you have the right torx already this problem cost you no more than 3.08 (8 cents for the pennies you need to wrap up) oh this is providing you have electrical tape as well which is no more than 2 ,or 3 bux itself.

Member #
    Friends
    The RROD usually comes after you have turned it off and your Xbox has cooled down.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    Well done for fixing it yourself

My 360 was just out of warranty when it started freezing up and getting random errors. I too was told that I would have to pay to get it repaired, I thought screw that, got a few towels and a jacket and fired it up. I overheated it probably 4 times a day for 2 weeks and finally it died out and displayed the RROD.

Not really recommended as you could end up with a random error, but I don't think there's a specific error for being completed melted over
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.
    - George Carlin

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Very nice job on fixing it.

If I were ever in that situation, I would most definitely try to fix it first, if all else fails, I'd go out and invest $200 for a new jasper arcade. I've never liked waiting for stuff to come, nor do I like paying service fees for a refurbished item that would most likely RR again.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Ads