+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: broken xbox360

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0558-5461-4916-6731

broken xbox360

Well i hadn't played my 360 in 3 days ,and today i decided i wanted to play Ninja Gaiden 2. I booted up the xbox ,or the lack there of when i got the 3 red rings of death.

I called up Microsoft ,and it turns out my Xbox is out of warranty. They want a 120-100 (depending on how i schedule the order) for the repairs with only a one year warranty when a brand new xbox 360 is 200.

Well then i started reading up on self repairs ,and now i found 2 different ways to do it. One is with the Penny's on under side chips .

My question has anyone tried any of these ,or know anyone who has. Im thinking of getting the thermal silcone paste tomorrow ,and trying the penny trick.

Let me know your thoughts.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    How old is your xbox? I thought they extended the warranty for RROD to 3 years?

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    thats a confusing story rose. I originally purchased it somewhere between March-April of 06' ,but November of 06' it RROD'ed. Well i had a service plan with Kmart (where i bought it) well i didn't get my xbox back until Feb 07. Well according to microsoft's records the system went out of warranty as of guess it...Feb 07.

I'm beginning to believe the company Kmart had this thing serviced thru back then sent me a preowned xbox because according to microsoft that console's serial# was registered to another user so the agent registered it to me.

I figured i would be eligible for the 3 years ,but according to them no

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    That's some BS.
    Maybe the warranty only covers one repair for some reason?

Anyways, according to the comments those methods work, but I'd definitely do a bit more research on it if I were you.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Couldn't be any worse than what i got now. My next thing is if it doesn't get fixed is whether i wanna get another xbox ,or just jump ship to ps3.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I heard that you can get it fixed with a hot towel for 3 hours or something like that =p
    PITKIDROCK

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    if anything that towel crap is a temp fix if even that. I can see how the others would work ,but im just looking for opinions before i tear into this thing in the next few days.

I just dont understand what happened the system hadn't been touched in 3 days. So how could it over heat. Hell i barely play it as i play my Wii more than anything i just play the xbox here ,and there.

Member #
    Friends
    that penny trick looks legit. if your confident you can put it back together id say go for that. looks simple. towel trick is crap.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Well i bought the parts today so wish me luck.

Member #
    Friends
    I do think those vids are legit so if you can get it to work then cool. Sucks that you are denied warranty though. If my warranty runs out and my xbox gets RROD again then I will probably just buy a new arcade version as they are really cheap now (yay). I will also try to fix my broken one and if it works ide sell it
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads