Batman: Arkham Asylum is an upcoming action-adventure stealth video game for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, and is based on DC Comics' Batman.
The game begins with Batman capturing the Joker after his latest plot and escorting him to Arkham Asylum for imprisonment. Due to the Joker's recent attack on Gotham City's Blackgate Prison, a large number of sane convicts have been transferred. Shortly after arriving, however, the Joker, with the help of Harley Quinn, frees all the inmates and locks down the Asylum with Batman, Commissioner Gordon, and much of the staff still inside. The Joker then threatens to detonate bombs all over Gotham if anyone tries to enter. Batman must uncover the full extent of the Joker's plan while contending with the horrors of Arkham.
Arkham was chosen as a location because of its limitations including the fact that it's located on an island. Arkham will be a persistent location that the player is able to freely roam, including an area that serves as Batman's secret on-site Batcave. Arkham will make use of Batman's many gadgets to accomplish tasks and take down foes, such as using the grapple gun to get a better perspective on a particular area.
Relsease date: 28/08/2009
- Utilise the unique FreeFlow combat system to chain together unlimited combos seamlessly and battle with huge groups of The Joker's henchmen in brutal melee brawls.
- Investigate as Batman, the world's greatest detective, by solving intricate puzzles with the help of cutting edge forensic tools including x-ray scanning, fingerprint scans, 'Amido Black' spray and a pheromone tracker.
- Face off against Gotham's greatest villains including The Joker, Harley Quinn, Victor Zsasz and Killer Croc.
- Become the Invisible Predator with Batman's fear takedowns and unique vantage point system to move without being seen and hunt enemies.
- Choose multiple takedown methods, including swooping from the sky and smashing through walls, and use the predator camera get a closer look at the action.
- Explore every inch of Arkham Asylum and roam freely on the infamous island, presented for the first time ever in its gritty and realistic entirety.
- Experience what it's like to be Batman using batarangs, explosive gel aerosol, The Batclaw, sonar resonator and the line launcher.
- Unlock more secrets by completing hidden challenges in the world and develop and customise equipment by earning experience points.
- Enjoy complete superhero freedom in the environment with the use of Batman's grapple to get to any place you can see, jump from any height and glide in any direction.