LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I've had some awful glitches; especially with quest lines failing - but I've never stopped loving it! There's so much content and most, if not all is amazing! Along with the Dawnguard DLC, it's just such a great game!! I love it

Member #
    Friends
    Found the character dev very amusing. For example, when you have 100 on pickpoket, you can actually steal armour from people while they are wearing it! (with the perk, of course)
    -And if you steal armour from town guards, they will then walk around in their undies from then on!!! _Funny

Of course, it did take me ages to get pickpoket skill to 100, but as I had completed all the quests in the game, I had time to waste in such minor stuff.

Oh, and I also have destruction, one handed, and heavy armour on level 100.
    As a result, there is nothing on skyrim that can kill me.

Bads: many shouts are totally useless.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Bads: many shouts are totally useless.
    T'is somethin' I also had issue with. In the face of Ice Form, every shout is literally useless. Marked for Death is a broken boss-killer too. Even when those two ain't a factor, the best shout is JUST the first word of Unrelenting Force simply 'cause it can murder an enemy/enemies' damage output when used properly. For a game mechanic so relevant to the plot and protagonist, ya'd think it'd be more balanced.

It's particularly saddening that the Fire and Ice Breath shouts are some'a the worst despite bein' the staple shouts of Dragons... and that their versions of the shout actually do high damage. You'd think the three-word versions would at least do massive damage in exchange for a humongous cooldown, but nope.

Although it's definitely a minor issue in comparison t' why I personally give Skyrim so low of a rating.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    It might be some character classes might find the weaker shouts usefull. Wizard for example. Or archers.
    Still, I cannot see why anyone would want to focus solely on wizardry, when you can do both, with magic spell on left hand and an axe on right hand.

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Skyrim is a degradation of the series and made loads of mistakes, but it is still better than many games out there. It gets a lucky break for having about 20 years worth of lore and experience since it's part of a series.

Elder Scrolls Online looks even worse. Series seems to be going the way of Final Fantasy... damn.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    What's wrong with Online?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Still, I cannot see why anyone would want to focus solely on wizardry, when you can do both, with magic spell on left hand and an axe on right hand.

The broken ol' Impact perk. Destruction magic dual-casted with both hands, except the lowest level ones like Sparks or Frostbite, will cause all enemies to flinch on impact as though they were hit with a weapon's power attack. With a large Magicka reserve it's possible to literally flinch the highest level bosses and even Dragons to death without them fightin' back lol.

... And aside from breakin' the game, some people just love spell slingin' that much, just as certain people will defend sword 'n board to the death, or exclusively sneak around with daggers and poison only. Me, I couldn't possibly live without my bow, regardless of whether I'm shootin' lightning bolts at range or choppin' heads off up close. In other words, strong personal preferences. I actually don't like dual-wielding a spell and weapon, truth be told. It's what I started off doin'; Flames or Healing in one hand, a sword in the other; but I really didn't care for it and switched to other roles rather quickly.

On my own save file as a dedicated wizard, the only time I whip out any steel for the slashin' is when my Magicka reserves were drained and I had no potions on hand t' restore it... although that was early on, since said wizard now has infinite magicka for Destruction. No need to ever take a breather from spellcasting and fight via blade lol.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 06-18-2013 at 07:59 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    Have you played any mmo's these last several years? All the same dull WoW clones with minor differences. They refuse to change. Most of us hope that the exploration, complexity, and immersion of the Elder Scrolls will give it the boost it needs to stand apart and revitalize the genre. As you probably realize, it's a ludicrous claim. If Skyrim was as streamline lined and barebones as it is, then it won't survive bearing the burden being anything special. Moreso since it has to accommodate the brainless majority that Skyrim attracted. It's utter garbage. Fails as an Elder Scrolls game. As a generic mmo, it's nothing more than a generic mmo.

Oh, and it's being made for consoles. That's always been a great help. Pfft.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    never played a mmo loooooooooooooool

But I do know that MMOs these days tend t' be rinse and repeat clickfests, known for not at all bringin' anythin' new to the table. And yet everyone still plays 'em, so I don't see how this is a problem for TeS: Online's chances at success.

Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Oh, and it's being made for consoles. That's always been a great help. Pfft.
    Well, that's a valid point.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    never played a mmo loooooooooooooool

But I do know that MMOs these days tend t' be rinse and repeat clickfests, known for not at all bringin' anythin' new to the table. And yet everyone still plays 'em, so I don't see how this is a problem for TeS: Online's chances at success.
    Who said anything about success? The success of the game is as inevitable as FFXIII's, in spite of being crap. Sports games and CoD are also successful.

This inevitable "success" is one of the biggest factors on what is wrong with ES Online.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends

The broken ol' Impact perk. Destruction magic dual-casted with both hands, except the lowest level ones like Sparks or Frostbite, will cause all enemies to flinch on impact as though they were hit with a weapon's power attack. With a large Magicka reserve it's possible to literally flinch the highest level bosses and even Dragons to death without them fightin' back lol.

... And aside from breakin' the game, some people just love spell slingin' that much, just as certain people will defend sword 'n board to the death, or exclusively sneak around with daggers and poison only. Me, I couldn't possibly live without my bow, regardless of whether I'm shootin' lightning bolts at range or choppin' heads off up close. In other words, strong personal preferences. I actually don't like dual-wielding a spell and weapon, truth be told. It's what I started off doin'; Flames or Healing in one hand, a sword in the other; but I really didn't care for it and switched to other roles rather quickly.

On my own save file as a dedicated wizard, the only time I whip out any steel for the slashin' is when my Magicka reserves were drained and I had no potions on hand t' restore it... although that was early on, since said wizard now has infinite magicka for Destruction. No need to ever take a breather from spellcasting and fight via blade lol.
    I got your drift. I know a bloke who loves playing this sort of games as a rogue, backstabbig enemies and sneaking through caverns and stuff.
    -Personally I could not do that, because I do not have the patience to sneak through a dungeon, when I can run with a great big sword, shouting a battlecry as I do so! And just think how many dungeons Skyrim contains. As a rogue, clearing them would take years!!!
    BTW, thanks for the magic tip. I had no idea two hand casting was so much better.

Ads