LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 316
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Xbox one

  1. #141
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    15,947
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Your memory, yes.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  2. Ads


  3. #142
    UNACCEPTABLE The_Mitch's Avatar
    Member #
    648
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Milford Ohio
    Posts
    3,130
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    I don't mind paying for DLC if it actually adds to the game and it was thought of and developed AFTER the game was released. Just like an expansion pack but smaller. It took time, money, and energy to make so why not pay for it? Now shit like horse armor or dumb shit like that should not be pay DLC but game like boarderlands 2 that has good DLC, I don't mind paying for. As for paying to play online, with XBL, I havent paid over $30 for a year of XBL in about 4 or 5 years and I'm sure if I look hard enough I can find year cards of PS+ for just as cheap. Also, PS+ gives you free games. I have about 20 games in my PS3 library that I got for FREE. LBP2, Infamous 2, Uncharted 1+3, Payday, DuesEx, just to name a few. That, alone, makes it worth it IMO. Something good about the XBone and PS4 is as long as one person on the system has a pay membership, any account on the console can use the benefits. So if you and your siblings/parents/roommates want it, you can just split the cost of one membership.

    KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.


    Thanks DBloke for the sig

    I miss my weighted companion cube

    Spoiler Alert!


  4. #143
    She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    5,949
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mitch View Post
    I don't mind paying for DLC if it actually adds to the game and it was thought of and developed AFTER the game was released. Just like an expansion pack but smaller. It took time, money, and energy to make so why not pay for it?
    Probably because you already paid for the game. Players buy the game, they maintain it. Unless things like paying for glitches and patches is your thing. No, even then it's not okay. Games should not be released half-done.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mitch
    Now shit like horse armor or dumb shit like that should not be pay DLC
    Curse TF2 and it's purely cosmetic DLC at ridiculously high prices!

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mitch
    but game like boarderlands 2 that has good DLC, I don't mind paying for.


    Borderlands 2 is the worst game I've purchased in years. Whether it be the game breaking glitches or the worst examples available of the DLC practice. You do not pay for classes that should be available out of the box.



    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mitch
    As for paying to play online, with XBL, I havent paid over $30 for a year of XBL in about 4 or 5 years and I'm sure if I look hard enough I can find year cards of PS+ for just as cheap. Also, PS+ gives you free games. I have about 20 games in my PS3 library that I got for FREE. LBP2, Infamous 2, Uncharted 1+3, Payday, DuesEx, just to name a few. That, alone, makes it worth it IMO. Something good about the XBone and PS4 is as long as one person on the system has a pay membership, any account on the console can use the benefits. So if you and your siblings/parents/roommates want it, you can just split the cost of one membership.
    Sony removed ****ed over gamers slightly less with online multiplayer. If you leave that alone, you are missing the entire point. It's taking the same damn road that led to Microsoft's asinine policies in the first place. Complete relinquishing of any and all consumer rights. And you are defending these choices?
    Last edited by WiiAssasin; 06-20-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina 3DS.
    Spoiler Alert!

  5. #144
    UNACCEPTABLE The_Mitch's Avatar
    Member #
    648
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Milford Ohio
    Posts
    3,130
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Probably because you already paid for the game. Players buy the game, they maintain it. Unless things like paying for glitches and patches is your thing. No, even then it's not okay. Games should not be released half-done.
    You're acting like DLC is just content that was meant to be in the game. By your logic, expansion packs should be free as should any future peripherals for consoles that were thought of after the initial release. Day one DLC IS bad. That shit SHOULD have been included with the game or made free. Stuff made AFTER the game that was thought up AFTER the release that adds to the game in a substantial way (like additional story lines) is okay to cost money. It adds to the game. DLC that players can buy to give them an advantage online is BS as well. If it is online and gives an advantage, it should be free.

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Curse TF2 and it's purely cosmetic DLC at ridiculously high prices!
    cosmetic DLC that you have to pay for is asinine

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post



    Borderlands 2 is the worst game I've purchased in years. Whether it be the game breaking glitches or the worst examples available of the DLC practice. You do not pay for classes that should be available out of the box.



    1. I think map packs should be free or dirt cheap since maps are easy to make. I dabbed in it a bit about 10 years ago around when I was 15 and it was not that hard thus why it should be free.

    2. The game was amazing. You may not have liked it but I did as did a ton of other people. Everyone has different taste in games. I will admit that the Mechromancer class should have been free and I was pissed at that but the rest of the DLC adds content to the game that is worth paying for. It extends the game and was put into development AFTER the release of the game. Just like an expansion pack.

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Sony removed ****ed over gamers slightly less with online multiplayer. If you leave that alone, you are missing the entire point. It's taking the same damn road that led to Microsoft's asinine policies in the first place. Complete relinquishing of any and all consumer rights. And you are defending these choices?
    Consumer rights? PSN online multiplayer sucks right now. The servers are buggy and it lags. I pay the subscription right now for the free games and cloud storage and auto updates. XBL servers are solid. PC online gaming doesn't use centralized servers like console online gaming does. All XBL games have to go through the XBL servers and all PSN games have to go through the PSN servers. Just like with an MMO, the subscription is for the upkeep of the servers. PC gaming goes through the players computer and acts as a server (or using a dedicated server that you either own or rent (just like a subscription...)). It's a service and services should be paid for. Free is good, yes, but if I am provided a service, I have no issues paying as long as it is reasonable. The price of one game a year is VERY reasonable. Hell, my monthly bills excluding food, gas, and entertainment is $1100 $1400 (forgot to add in college tuition). Add PSN, XBL, Netflix, Usenet, and WoW, that goes up only an extra $40 per month. The cost is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the bills life throws at you.

    Microsofts XBone DRM policy was due to piracy. The 360 is a joke to hack. Its security was abysmal. A TON of 360s were hacked and what they were trying to do was avoid piracy using the online DRM. Just like what EA did with The Sims. It ultimately ****s over legit users as pirates WILL find a way around it. Not everything is black and white. The DRM that MS put in place was for piracy but they decided to try and take it a step further with the whole selling system to make money off used game sales. Part of it is to avoid theft. The game sale issue is shitty and I do not support that but I understand WHY they wanted to have the online DRM and I do not blame them. It's just the wrong way to go about it.
    Last edited by The_Mitch; 06-20-2013 at 12:47 PM.

    KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.


    Thanks DBloke for the sig

    I miss my weighted companion cube

    Spoiler Alert!


  6. #145
    She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    5,949
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mitch
    You're acting like DLC is just content that was meant to be in the game. By your logic, expansion packs should be free as should any future peripherals for consoles that were thought of after the initial release. Day one DLC IS bad. That shit SHOULD have been included with the game or made free. Stuff made AFTER the game that was thought up AFTER the release that adds to the game in a substantial way (like additional story lines) is okay to cost money. It adds to the game. DLC that players can buy to give them an advantage online is BS as well. If it is online and gives an advantage, it should be free.
    Day One DLC is bad, DLC that gives advantages is bad. But DLC is still good. Gotta tell ya, I don't follow at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mitch
    cosmetic DLC that you have to pay for is asinine
    Except you don't have to pay at all. Simply trade for it with whatever item drops you get. Or if it don't follow that system, it's cosmetic. See, in your previous post above, you complain about DLC that gives advantages as being unfair, unless it's free. But, paying for DLC that does absolutely nothing? No, that's crossing the line to you. Perhaps it'd help if you actually thought more in depth over these matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mitch
    2. The game was amazing. You may not have liked it but I did as did a ton of other people. Everyone has different taste in games. I will admit that the Mechromancer class should have been free and I was pissed at that but the rest of the DLC adds content to the game that is worth paying for. It extends the game and was put into development AFTER the release of the game. Just like an expansion pack.
    Good that you noticed the necromancer exclusion. It was removed simply as an excuse for getting more cash outta players.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mitch
    Consumer rights? PSN online multiplayer sucks right now. The servers are buggy and it lags. I pay the subscription right now for the free games and cloud storage and auto updates. XBL servers are solid. PC online gaming doesn't use centralized servers like console online gaming does. All XBL games have to go through the XBL servers and all PSN games have to go through the PSN servers. Just like with an MMO, the subscription is for the upkeep of the servers. PC gaming goes through the players computer and acts as a server (or using a dedicated server that you either own or rent (just like a subscription...)). It's a service and services should be paid for. Free is good, yes, but if I am provided a service, I have no issues paying as long as it is reasonable. The price of one game a year is VERY reasonable. Hell, my monthly bills excluding food, gas, and entertainment is $1100 $1400 (forgot to add in college tuition). Add PSN, XBL, Netflix, Usenet, and WoW, that goes up only an extra $40 per month. The cost is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the bills life throws at you.
    I never knew the Playstation online service is that bad. Which makes it MORE surprising that one would agree to pay for MORE of this bad service, and with the PS4, it's necessary to play multiplayer at all. How one is okay with this will continue to baffle me.


    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mitch
    Microsofts XBone DRM policy was due to piracy. The 360 is a joke to hack. Its security was abysmal. A TON of 360s were hacked and what they were trying to do was avoid piracy using the online DRM. Just like what EA did with The Sims. It ultimately ****s over legit users as pirates WILL find a way around it. Not everything is black and white. The DRM that MS put in place was for piracy but they decided to try and take it a step further with the whole selling system to make money off used game sales. Part of it is to avoid theft. The game sale issue is shitty and I do not support that but I understand WHY they wanted to have the online DRM and I do not blame them. It's just the wrong way to go about it.
    Well yes, I don't blame Microsoft for wanting money. It's just the way the beast communicates.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina 3DS.
    Spoiler Alert!

  7. #146
    Meta Avatar Mr. MR's Avatar
    Member #
    82844
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    シオンタウン
    Posts
    5,621
    Friends
    68
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Borderlands 2 is not that bad WiiAssassin





    Spoiler Alert!

  8. #147
    UNACCEPTABLE The_Mitch's Avatar
    Member #
    648
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Milford Ohio
    Posts
    3,130
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Day One DLC is bad, DLC that gives advantages is bad. But DLC is still good. Gotta tell ya, I don't follow at all.
    Day one DLC should have been released with the game. It should be free since it very well could have been included in the game but wasn't for the pure fact to gain more money. DLC that gives you an advantage against other players is HORRIBLE. It means all you have to do to win is pay. If they are going to release DLC of something that is a superweapon or gives an advantage, IT SHOULD BE FREE. DLC that ADDS to the game is GOOD like adding a whole new story. How the hell is that hard to follow?

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Except you don't have to pay at all. Simply trade for it with whatever item drops you get. Or if it don't follow that system, it's cosmetic. See, in your previous post above, you complain about DLC that gives advantages as being unfair, unless it's free. But, paying for DLC that does absolutely nothing? No, that's crossing the line to you. Perhaps it'd help if you actually thought more in depth over these matters.
    What? you got all that out of me saying cosmetic DLC (like Oblivions horse armor) that you need to pay for is asinine? Anything cosmetic that you have to spend money on is stupid. If it actually adds to the game then it worth it as long as the price is right. If it will give you an unfair multiplayer advantage simply because you paid, it is stupid. I can't get any more clear than that.

    KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.


    Thanks DBloke for the sig

    I miss my weighted companion cube

    Spoiler Alert!


  9. #148
    She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    5,949
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Borderlands 2 is not that bad WiiAssassin

    It's not a bad game, but it's still the worst game I've had to deal with in about 2 years.



    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mitch View Post
    Day one DLC should have been released with the game. It should be free since it very well could have been included in the game but wasn't for the pure fact to gain more money. DLC that gives you an advantage against other players is HORRIBLE. It means all you have to do to win is pay. If they are going to release DLC of something that is a superweapon or gives an advantage, IT SHOULD BE FREE. DLC that ADDS to the game is GOOD like adding a whole new story. How the hell is that hard to follow?
    If they're adding a whole new story, it's called a sequel. If it's a akin to a sidequest, it's more of an expansion.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mitch
    What? you got all that out of me saying cosmetic DLC (like Oblivions horse armor) that you need to pay for is asinine? Anything cosmetic that you have to spend money on is stupid. If it actually adds to the game then it worth it as long as the price is right. If it will give you an unfair multiplayer advantage simply because you paid, it is stupid. I can't get any more clear than that.[/COLOR]
    Ah, cosmetic changes that do nothing should be demanded by the gaming community to be free. Of course. But we should gladly pay for anything that would've been better off implemented in the game on purchase.

    For a better understanding, just what are some examples of DLC that add to a game without being a cop out for more profit?
    Last edited by WiiAssasin; 06-20-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina 3DS.
    Spoiler Alert!

  10. #149
    TF2 Best Characters BluRayPSP's Avatar
    Member #
    61604
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    743
    Friends
    18
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. Mr View Post
    ah so this is where it's being discussed.

    Still think they should have named it the x-box 2π
    who ever gets the joke gets a virtual cookie.
    x = 6.28?

  11. #150
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    15,947
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    It's no use Mitch, I've already explained oh-so many times that the infrastructure of DLC is not evil, it's businesses like Crapcom who abuse said infrastructure to create evil. Assasin can't be reasoned with. Can't ya tell that just by the fact he misspelled his username?! That, and his strange fetish for hats. Never trust someone who has an obsession with headgear, they're generally like tinfoil hat wearin' people.

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    I never knew the Playstation online service is that bad. Which makes it MORE surprising that one would agree to pay for MORE of this bad service, and with the PS4, it's necessary to play multiplayer at all. How one is okay with this will continue to baffle me.
    In regards t' the PS4, PS+ bein' mandatory for online play means there're gonna be a shitton more of users. That means more money, which means Sony can implement Serperior servers t' what they have now. Which is t' say, they damn-well better.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Black Ops Multiplayer Reveal
    By FinalRekon in forum Call of Duty
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 07:09 PM
  2. Ubisoft reveal Wii release dates
    By Rob Rymond in forum Wii News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 10:39 AM
  3. Opera reveal Wii browser details
    By i0n in forum Wii News
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 03:33 PM
  4. Nintendo Reveal Wii Slogan
    By MetroidZ in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 04:35 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 03:47 PM

Search tags for this page

xbox one fail

Click on a term to search for related topics.