007 legends?

@ Tampa - My thoughts exactly. No Wiimote is no joke and its yet to be confirmed !! that said from some articles I've read i believe the WiiU will only support the motion + version and not the standard Wiimote... although I do have one :)

@ SSB - I've seen vids of all the multiplayer online maps and the gameplay on xbox, and it looks nothing like Goldeneye. Very similar play to reloaded which was pretty much hated by most of the peeps that switched over. Still hoping the WiiU version is gonna be better .... you never know :)

Sidenote: I also emailed Nintendo to ask if the old Wii games would be playable online through the WiiU as its backwards compatable. This was done in the vain hope that it might go some way to help with lag issues..... they responded by saying they have no news as to whether this is possible. WTF !!!! its like weeks before release and they don't know if Wii games are playable online.....Lies lol

I won't be getting this on release date now, will defo wait for the price to drop. I don't want to pay £30+ fpr a game which will die like Reloaded within a month.

Well, i don't really mind if there would not be any wiimote support.

@dad uk, at least you got an answer back from Nintendo.
I have given up w8 for mine.
+
thx for the info on the multi on Legends.
Was wondering abou that. if that is no good as well then...

Ah well, the games that bore the 007 name after Goldeneye64 weren't up to par either.
So in a sense it is not that big a suprise.

For me:
No :wiimote:&:nunchuck:support = dealbreaker

Regarding those who think it's a negative that Wii U wouldn't support wiimote without motion plus...well...tough. If you own a wiimote and play games like this, you should know by now that motion plus is a NECESSITY. Why wouldn't you want the most accurate movement possible when playing anyway? It just makes sense. That would be like driving a Lincoln Town Car with a manual transmission - just defeats the purpose.

Sidenote: I also emailed Nintendo to ask if the old Wii games would be playable online through the WiiU as its backwards compatable. This was done in the vain hope that it might go some way to help with lag issues..... they responded by saying they have no news as to whether this is possible. WTF !!!! its like weeks before release and they don't know if Wii games are playable online.....Lies lol

... Seriously? The moment Wii U backwards compatibility online is confirmed as impossible, I'ma have a seizure. ;_;

@dad uk, any word on the multiplayer of 007 Legends?
Is the multi any good? is the community big enough?

I've read a bunch of reviews so far. Not only do they range quite a bit from bad to good (though mostly bad).
The majority of them don't make me much wiser.
Mostly cracking down the game for its short single player, CoD like feel, ...

But that does not tell me wether the game itself is really that bad. And wether the multi online is any good.

^ This is what I meant by the whole reviewer bias against not-CoD bullshit. They intentionally detail absolutely ****-all 'bout the multiplayer to derail it as much as possible from bein' called superior to CoD or any other immensely popular shooter (Battlefield) in any way. It's like reviewin' an MMORPG on solely the RPG elements and not the multiplayer, just ain't right.

Big-shot reviewers are a bunch'a idiots.

Not all reviewers. Some just make mistakes. I once saw a CoD game on Wii get ripped a new one because the reviewer didn't know how to use the Wiimote.

ow yeah, i am also curious about the XP System.
Is it like Reloaded where lvl'ing up is made too easy.
Or is it like the wii version, where you actually have to put in the time?

actually i think the wii XP system (aside from the hacked lobbies) got it about right.
Offcourse Activision had to go and make it easier for the 'hardcore' Playstation and Xbox gamers....

Update:
After further review the Steam option doesn't allow for controller support. Deal breaker for me no matter how good or bad the game is. Plus reviews on Steam aren't promising in general.

---------------------------

As of Nov. 1st, 007 Legends is available from Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/211670/). A less expensive option if:

1. You prefer using a Pro Controller (vs wii mote)
2. Have a good gaming computer
3. Don't have the $ and/or need to upgrade to Wii U

Probably the best option for some of us when the GE community begins to migrate.

Last edited:
Back