#1 problem with PS3

kidtmnt

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2007
Please share your opinion on what the #1 problem with PS3 is. Constructive criticism only please.

Price. It is the most expensive gaming console on the market and thus not the most accessable to those who cant afford to blow that much money on a system yet. I will sneak in a second, it has weak launch titles.

In comparision. Its number one best feature is its open ended system approach where the user base will supply content, games and programs (or overall media) for it. Sneaking in a second best part is its hardware (gpu,cpu,br-rom).

Last edited:
Indeed. Price is a HUGE issue with this console. If the console was cheaper, it would of been up there with the Wii (maybe). Along with the games thus far, but the wii is also lacking in the games currently. Consoles are only starting to get there games in now. So we'll see what will happen ^ ^.

~Rival

Yup, think the main one is price.

Second being lack of exclusives/interesting games.

not price persay, just what they decided to put it in. if this was released about 3 years later, when everybody has HDTV's and Blu-Ray disks, it'd be a mega hit. the problem is that most people have standard TV's and DVD's right now, which is why people who want "beautiful" games are getting the 360.
will also add in the lack of launch titles.

I agree. It just has too much stuff that most people either don't have the compatible stuff to go with it or just plain don't want or need it. And a direct result of all that, "fluff" is the huge ridiculous price. You can call it a bargain but $600 is STILL $600 dollars and I'm not going to pay that much to just play games...I don't care how good they look.

I would have to say Value for money.

Not price - I could buy a PS3 if I "really" wanted. But I don't. The value just isn't there. No good games - shoddy controller - alternatives are better value.

the brand, how long are they gonna keep the darn 'playstation' name going? Its just boring now

lee.jarratt said:
the brand, how long are they gonna keep the darn 'playstation' name going? Its just boring now

Kind of defeats the purpose of a franchise doesnt it? If it aint broke, dont fix it. The name of the product really shouldnt matter anyways. I think if you are going to give a reason, it has to be a little bit more concrete than what you just said, which is purely subjective and definately childish.

Price the lack of games, and I do agree the controller needs changed big time it was ok for the PS2, but they can't come up with anything different I don't think they thought they needed to change the console name cuz it was a huge hit for the PS1 and PS2 lets say if Sony came up with a different name people will say what happened to the playstation?

blogman54 said:
Price the lack of games, and I do agree the controller needs changed big time it was ok for the PS2, but they can't come up with anything different I don't think they thought they needed to change the console name cuz it was a huge hit for the PS1 and PS2 lets say if Sony came up with a different name people will say what happened to the playstation?

I agree about the controller, its good but sometimes its good to have something new and more adaptable. I was hoping they would make (and they still might) a transformer like controller, that can be altered to fit specific styles of games. I know for a fact sony stuck with their dual shock design with the sixaxis due to legal battles, so lets see what they come up with now that they are getting to use the rumble feature again.

Back