#1 problem with PS3

idiot fool ragger eye

Shiftfallout said:
Kind of defeats the purpose of a franchise doesnt it? If it aint broke, dont fix it. The name of the product really shouldnt matter anyways. I think if you are going to give a reason, it has to be a little bit more concrete than what you just said, which is purely subjective and definately childish.

What the hell is wrong with you, thats my ****in reason ok. retard

Price. This was the same company that launched the PS1 games at $40. Back in the day of price hikes that went as high as $80 a game. Sony set the standard for low game prices. It's sad to see the opposite in effect for the PS3.

Obviously Price.

Sony failed to understand they need to balance power and price.

All 3 companies could of made the same thing almost if they wanted, but they would all be massively expensive.

The #1 problem HAS to be the weight of the thing. There have been reports of grown men, although not well built grown men, using OAP shopping trolleys to carry the thing home. If that kind of experience is your first encounter with the console it is bound to put many people off.

sagema said:
Price. This was the same company that launched the PS1 games at $40. Back in the day of price hikes that went as high as $80 a game. Sony set the standard for low game prices. It's sad to see the opposite in effect for the PS3.

This was a very good response. Obviously written by someone who has lived through the beginning of video game history as I have. Sony Playstation offered a nice alternative to the Sega/Nintendo owned universe. The Sony brand name helped it get taken seriously. Many people have issue with the "Sony" brand name. I personally liked what Sony was in the 80s-90s. They were higher end electronics with very competitive pricing. I don't know if it has to do with their current leadership, but someone has driven that company straight into the ground.

captainff said:
The #1 problem HAS to be the weight of the thing. There have been reports of grown men, although not well built grown men, using OAP shopping trolleys to carry the thing home. If that kind of experience is your first encounter with the console it is bound to put many people off.

im sorry but thats bs. Grown men needing a shopping trolly to carry an 11lb console back home? My laptop weights that much and i carry it everywhere. The 360 is 10lbs and the wii is 3lbs. I could stack 4 wiis out of box and carry them easily.
Im sorry but 11lbs is not even in the realm of being considered heavy, especially for a console thats not made to travel every where you go. Its weight shouldnt matter if its going to be sitting by your 60lbTV next to your 20lb cable box.

I think the problem with the Ps3 iiiiiiis..... the launch titles, they haven't really impressed me. Then again, I've only tried Resistance. Other than that, although the price is high, it is a really good console.

#1. The price of the PS3
#2. It is the cheapest Blue-Ray disc player in the market. I dont think it will be all that good!

i would have to say defintly have to be the price. as every time i go to bestbuy to check out ps3 games. i always see atleast two parents complaining about the price. i believe if sony doesnt lower the price in North America, people might lose intrest in the ps3 and everything it has to offer.

Back