10 New games for the week of Sept 24th

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
As per IGN.....got a few I have never heard of! Some of them don't even have desciptions...hard to believe that they are comming out this week with no info....

1) Bratz: Movie Starz - Aug 24 - It’s time for the Bratz girls to hit the red carpet! Join Cloe, Jade, Sasha and Yasmin as they rock out in explosive music shows, strut the fashion runway with stylin’ outfits designed by you, and dish out the hottest magazine ever! Their hard work lands them a once in a lifetime opportunity to star in their very own movie! Share their experience in the glitz and glamour of becoming real movie stars!

2) Balls of Fury - Aug 25 - Welcome to the unsanctioned, underground world of ping-pong tournaments. Down-and-out former professional ping-pong phenom Randy Daytona is sucked into this maelstorm when FBI Agent Ernie Rodriguez recruits him for a secret mission. Randy is determined to bounce back and win, and to smoke out his father's killer -- arch fiend Feng.

3) Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party - Aug 25 - The global dancing phenomenon gets even more physical with an entirely new game designed for the Nintendo Wii. Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party enhances the series' trademark interactive gameplay by combining the physically engaging, innovative and easy-to-pick-up-and-play mechanics of the Wii platform. DDR Hottest Party is sure to be the life of the party with 4 player multiplayer, Wii Remote and Nunchuk support, smash hits taken from the last 4 decades of music, entirely new modes and more!

4) Dave Mirra BMX Challenge - Aug 25 - Dave Mirra BMX Challenge for the Wii video game system features 12 different environments and 13 bikes to choose from. Each unique environment includes two race paths, and can be played in race or trick-oriented modes. Player characters are customizable, and BMX legend Dave is the featured rider.

5) Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire - Aug 25 - Dragon Blade follows a young adventurer who seeks six legendary pieces of the "Dragon Blade," each infused with the soul of different guardian dragons. In an attempt to build the ultimate weapon and vanquish evil, the young protagonist embarks on a quest to find and seal away each of the six dragons, taking their souls and abilities in the process.

6) Hot Wheels: Beat That - Aug 25 - No description for this game!!!

7) Mercury Meltdown Revolution - Aug 25 - Got pushed back to this week. Ignition's gooey puzzler flows onto Wii with gameplay redesigned for the Wii remote (utilizing its enhanced tilt functionality) as well as enhanced graphics. In Mercury Meltdown Revolution, players guide a mercury blob around futuristic environments complete with moving machinery, test tubes, trap switches, spikes, rotating walkways, dangerous ledges, and other obstacles, in order to reach an end-level goal. The Wii build of the title is set to feature more than 150 levels, hidden labs, updated blog physics, and a variety of bonuses.

8) Ninjabread Man - Aug 25 - Also got pushed back to this week. After nearly being eaten by a foxy fox, the Gingerbread man has gotten smart and learnt self defence, now re-baked as the 'Ninjanread Man' the player must navigate across deadly Jam lakes and through Cake Mountains, finding your way while keeping an eye out for evil cupcakes, shambling jelly monsters! Cheese cake slices and honey bees!

Across four modes of gameplay, Ninjabread Man must collect power ups to increase the power and range of Ninjabread man's weapons as well as use Ninja skills to jump onto high ledges, dash past enemies and find the Magic Candies! Throw Ninja stars to stun enemies and then follow up with Ninjabread Man's mighty samurai sword, reducing enemies into a quivering pool of Raspberry Jam.

9) Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing - Aug 28 - Join Billy the Wizard and friends in an adventure beyond belief! The sorcerer's ultimate challenge begins as you race alongside other wizards in the enchanting Broomstick Grand Prix. Blasts your opponents out of the skies with your special magical powers. Collect extra ammunition as you skim tree-tops and plunge under low bridges and archways. Find the rocket-power super-broom and thrust into first place leaving a smokescreen behind you to daze and confuse your enemies. Use your magical spells to attack evil dragons that have taken over the skies above The Wizards Castle. Aim carefully to destroy each segment of the monsters body before the castle is doomed. Collect extra health pickups as you avoid blasts from the traitorous Imps around the castle roof tops. There are up to 8 magical wizard characters for you choose from. Unlock more complex and challenging levels as your broomstick handling skill progress, then hook up with up to 4 friends in Multi-Player mode.

10) Counter Force - Aug 28 - An action game for the Nintendo Wii. (weak)

Any worth buying?

I'm not buying any game until Battalion Wars II comes out in October. Same with most other people, none of the games listed appeal to me. Look on IGN for previews/pictures of the games and you'll see what I mean.

Dragon Blade might be a fun rental. Obviously it's for beginners, but eh. I might check it out, I just don't think it's going to have the length, replay value or depth that I look for in a hack 'n' slash.

The rest look like crap. :/ We're in the calm before the proverbial storm of good holiday season games.

Tairusu said:
Dragon Blade might be a fun rental. Obviously it's for beginners, but eh. I might check it out, I just don't think it's going to have the length, replay value or depth that I look for in a hack 'n' slash.

The rest look like crap. :/ We're in the calm before the proverbial storm of good holiday season games.
Agreed. Dragon Blade=rental.

DDR looks interesting though...i'll never buy it though.

Back