10 things you may have not known about the Wii

COLDshiver

Wii Owner
Sep 14, 2006
America
Wii Online Code
4532-8683-6668-7765
1. It doesn't play CDs, but it plays AVIs off your digital camera's SD card.
2. The flaps that protect the Gamecube controllers and memory card slots are removable.
3. Wii Sports includes training and workout modes.
4. You can let one remote control all four players in Wii Sports: Tennis.
5. It takes five pieces of heart to make a heart container in Zelda: Twilight Princess
6. The box includes two clear plastic holders: one for the sensor bar and another that acts as a stabilizer for the thick, gray console stand
7. When used as a pointer, the Wii detects how far the remote is from the sensor bar.
8. The system keeps track of your cumulative play time for all games, and logs it on your Wii's daily message board.
9. The standard A/V cables that have worked on every Nintendo system since the SNES do not work on the Wii (the system-side input is different)
10. The system doubles as a great whiteboard.

1. Aww :( darn
2. Wow! i didn't know that!
3. Workout mode? Nice! More than just the sports!
4. WTF?? I'd like to try that but i'll need to know how first
5. knew that :)
6. A stabilizer? cool
7. nice! 3d space!
8. Knew that :)
9. hmmm, didn't know that.
10. :lol: lol! :lol:

SOURCE

Joystiq are going nuts this weekend, they took delivery of the Wii and PS3, there's been some really funny updates.

Wow. The thing here that excited me the most was that the Wii can detect how far the wii-mote is from the sensor. Not like the eyetoy where you had to stand a certain number of feet away from it.

Zori said:
Wow. The thing here that excited me the most was that the Wii can detect how far the wii-mote is from the sensor. Not like the eyetoy where you had to stand a certain number of feet away from it.

and hopefully on shooting games like duck hunt it can tell if yur cheating or not by going right up to the screen n shooting targets

Lmao @ the whiteboard thing.
I knew some of that stuff but a lot of it was new to me. Thanks for that. :D

yup i love that site!

wii_sports_training_lg.jpg

Last edited:
1. Knew that o:
2. Did know that o.o;; Hope I don't accidentally break them.
3. I wondered what those two buttons at the bottom of the menu were for!
4. I wonder how that will turn out..
5. That'll take some getting used to.
6. Good to know Nintendo is thinking of us.
7. Saw that in a video. The hand gets smaller and stuff.
8. Knew that too o:
9. Aw. I still use my SNES AV cables.
10. I hope it's erasable ;)

Back