£12.99 Wireless Keyboard for Internet Channel

clive69

WiiChat Member
Nov 11, 2007
Somerset
Hi Folks,

Just bought wireless keyboard on Saturday to go with my new Wii I bought the week before and thought I should share the good news. Argos do a Mikomi wireless USB keyboard and Mouse (although the mouse is no use for the Wii as you need to use the Wiimote) for only £12.99 and it works absolutely fine with the Wii. Catalogue number 675/2840 if your interested. Much easier when you have downloaded the internet channel or want to send your friends messages via the wii message icon

clive

:wink:

I guess it does look like i'n advertising it, but totally dont work for either. just had read loads of threads asking for compatability and thought I would let the nation know!!!! But listen duds, there are probably loads that work, just trying to be helpful!!!

clive69 said:
Hi Folks,

Just bought wireless keyboard on Saturday to go with my new Wii I bought the week before and thought I should share the good news. Argos do a Mikomi wireless USB keyboard and Mouse (although the mouse is no use for the Wii as you need to use the Wiimote) for only £12.99 and it works absolutely fine with the Wii. Catalogue number 675/2840 if your interested. Much easier when you have downloaded the internet channel or want to send your friends messages via the wii message icon

clive

How did you get it to work? I want to get a wireless keyboard too. Do you just plug it in & load up the internet channel?

Smurfette said:
How did you get it to work? I want to get a wireless keyboard too. Do you just plug it in & load up the internet channel?
Hi Smurfette,
Yeah Basically. I pluged the USB connector into the back of the Wii and then pressed the sync button on the top of the receiver and the sync button on the keyboard and they both linked together by bluetooth, it was that easy. You use the Wiimote as your mouse, click on the internet channel and away you go!!!

How many batteries does it take?
cus altho u hav 2 sit closer, it wud be cheaper 2 get a standard USB keyboard in the long run.

*Note: 4giv short txt, but im tired n on Wii (yes no keyboard)

For those who are wondering how, an update was released recently allowing USB keyboards to be used with the Wii.

I was looking at some wireless keyboards today.Some had software with them.One was kinda cheap but I didn't know if that kind would work.If it comes with a cd, does it still work?

clive69 said:
Hi Folks,

clive

I have this keyboard and it works well. Recommended :thumbsup:

I asked, How many batteries does this take?

KaDee said:
I asked, How many batteries does this take?

Lol I don't own one of those keyboards but I am sure is no more than 4 batteries... Maybe just 2. It all depends in the features it has...I'll rather get a wireless white usb keyboard to go with my wii. XD

Smurfette said:
I was looking at some wireless keyboards today.Some had software with them.One was kinda cheap but I didn't know if that kind would work. If it comes with a cd, does it still work?

I don't think so. Normally they give you a CD so you can install a program on your PC/Mac so the keyboard will work on your computer. The Wii will not allow you to install a program on it's EXTREMELY small hard drive. If you want a keyboard for your Wii, go for one that will work without a CD.

Back