Error code: 52131

Jamie @ jaygames.co.nr

I have got a wii!
Feb 12, 2007
Hi. I keep on getting error code 52131 when trying to connect my wii to internet. I am using wifi and can anybody tell me what i need to do! My wifi is installed for wii and it is the datel wifi max!

Instead of automatic detection, you may need to manually enter your DNS settings into the Wii console in order to connect to the Internet. To determine these setttings, you'll need to follow the steps below using your PC.

Another device may be sharing the same I.P. address of the Wii console. Try manually assigning an IP address to your Wii console. Use XXX.XXX.XXX.X+1 where X is the IP address of your PC. (or +2 if you have two PCs on your network)

To get your IP address and DNS settings:

Click the "Start" button in the lower left-hand corner of your computer.

Click "Run."

Type "cmd" into the box and press Enter.

Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press Enter.

Enter in the exact same values for Primary DNS and Secondary DNS into the Wii console.

Last edited:
You may want to check that your router is not incompatible here:

"http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/s...ii/en_na/onlineWirelessRouterIncompatible.jsp

From that page, the following are listed as having known issues:

Actiontec
GT704-WG

Belkin
F5D6231-4 vers. 1000
F5D7230-4 vers. 4000

Also, the below can't connect at all: (given out by Comcast)

Linksys
WCG200 ver. 2
WCG200-CC
WCG200-CC ver. 2

Netgear
CG814W
CG814WG ver .2
CG81rWG

RCA
DCW725

-------------

Assuming yours isn't on that list, it is most likely a router issue. I would connect to your router and check out your wireless security. To connect to your router, open your internet explorer and go to address XXX.XXX.XXX.1 where X=your computers IP address. (ex. 192.168.1.1 if your PC says 192.168.1.100)

I am not familiar with Datel Wifi Max but it looks like a little USB dongle on Google. I'm not sure how that would work with the above..

Another thing is to make sure on your Wii under connections that it is set to Wireless and not Wired.

Back