1st Party Nintendo RPG (Monolithsoft)

Frog

WiiChat Member
Oct 21, 2007
Looks like it has potential. This is the 1st RPG for Wii developed by Monolithsoft (Nintendo purchased a few years ago). They also developed Baiten Kaitos (Gamecube) and Xenogears(Playstation).

Hopefully they change the name if they bring it to the US. Monado sucks!!!

Anyways, since it is 1st Party Nintendo hopefully they polish it up really good. So far it looks like FF12 mixed with Vagrant Story and a little Sci-Fi(Star Ocean/Phantasy Star).

[video=youtube;qcflgnLmgms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcflgnLmgms[/video]

Last edited:
Oh YES! the trailer for Monado looks extremely Epic Nintendo is making sure it has 2010 on lock with first party titles (Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, Monado, Sin and Punishment 2) all of it looks very good.

I was dissapointed when I first saw Disaster:Day of Crisis cause I found it to be a waste to have that dev-team making an action-game rather than an RPG. But finally we see that they were working on an RPG also!!!

The Wii simply needs more good RPGs, I really do hope this'l be one to add too the wanted list.

I also loved Baten Kaitos, so I hope Monolithsoft does equally well as they did with it, or perhaps even better.

This is the game I've been talking about. Somebody thought I was referring to FFCC earlier :lol:

Anyway, 09 has been a GREAT year for 3rd party Wii games and it looks like 10 will be the ideal 1st party year for the Wii. Nintendo is starting the new decade off with a bang for sure.

This is the game I've been talking about. Somebody thought I was referring to FFCC earlier :lol:

Anyway, 09 has been a GREAT year for 3rd party Wii games and it looks like 10 will be the ideal 1st party year for the Wii. Nintendo is starting the new decade off with a bang for sure.

Yeah, sorry about the mix up with Crystal Chronicles. I saw the trailer for this game and immediately knew what you were talking about. This looks so SICK! They should have showed this trailer instead of the Final Fantasy trailer. Especially since that FFCC trailer came out about 3 weeks ago:tard:.

Yeah, it's a wonder why they didn't show the trailer. It was on the Nintendo Channel as soon as the E3 presentation was over. It would have definately spun heads during the conference. Seriously, I'm puzzled. It's very impressive looking.

Yeah, it's a wonder why they didn't show the trailer. It was on the Nintendo Channel as soon as the E3 presentation was over. It would have definately spun heads during the conference. Seriously, I'm puzzled. It's very impressive looking.

I think it could be because it is probably no where near finished yet. IGN. still has it labeled under TBA with no definite year on it. I'm guessing Q4 2010. While FFCC will be ready this fall.

I'm just sayin' I'd announce it during the conference. Even if I had to say, "We don't know when you're gonna play this." :lol:

Bodine said:
Yeah, it's a wonder why they didn't show the trailer. It was on the Nintendo Channel as soon as the E3 presentation was over.

This worries me though. I have a feeling Nintendo isn't pushing this and it might go unnoticed by millions of gamers. It seemed like they didn't care too much about this one.

One of you on here(wiichat) was telling me how it sucked that Nintendo hired Monolith just to release one game. This is a surprise!
When I saw this on the Nintendo channel I was like "Wow, this is awesome. Who's making this?"

Now that you mention it, this worries me too. One of Nintendos biggest problems is they don't put much effort in advertising a big title. Usually when a big game comes to the 360 or PS3, you'll see commercials, magazine ads, etc. for it. Hell I've seen an Assasins Creed ad on a billboard once. Whens the last time you've seen a Zelda TV commercial? Honestly I haven't seen one since the Oracle of Seasons/Ages. But this game might get even less attention than most, and from the looks of it, it deserves some spotlight,

This game looks so.................
yawn1xu8.gif

Guy with spiky hair carrying a sword thats bigger than him self again?

Now that you mention it, this worries me too. One of Nintendos biggest problems is they don't put much effort in advertising a big title. Usually when a big game comes to the 360 or PS3, you'll see commercials, magazine ads, etc. for it. Hell I've seen an Assasins Creed ad on a billboard once. Whens the last time you've seen a Zelda TV commercial? Honestly I haven't seen one since the Oracle of Seasons/Ages. But this game might get even less attention than most, and from the looks of it, it deserves some spotlight,

you must not watch TV much. the Zelda Phantom Hourglass commercial got massive screentime.

@Prinny: Yeah i know right? this just looks generic to me

One of you on here(wiichat) was telling me how it sucked that Nintendo hired Monolith just to release one game. This is a surprise!
When I saw this on the Nintendo channel I was like "Wow, this is awesome. Who's making this?"
Nintendo purchased Monolithsoft 2 years ago...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/784/784029p1.html

This was Nintendo's strategy to have quality 1st-part RPGs!

Back