2 red lights any ideas

Maximo

Wii Fanatic
Dec 31, 2006
Mckeesport,PA
Wii Online Code
0558-5461-4916-6731
Back about a month ago my 360 ended up with the 3 red lights again. Its been out of warranty & i had fixed with the penny fix earlier this year. So this i chose to do the xclamp method. We took the heat sinks off cleaned up the cpu/gpu applied new arctic silver ,and all that jazz. Well it didnt work so i let my dad piss with it after 2 failed attempts by myself. He got it to work ,or so we thought. It now turns on ,and then shortly after it turns on the fans slowly start to roar then after several minutes ,or once you got to load a game which ever happens first the system shuts down with 2 red lights.

I read something on one site about how it could possibly be as simple as the heat sinks arent fastened down tight enough. Could he have not got it tight enough so its causing the error?

Any ideas. If its something that stupid i rather do that than spend another 200 for a new one.

Back about a month ago my 360 ended up with the 3 red lights again. Its been out of warranty & i had fixed with the penny fix earlier this year. So this i chose to do the xclamp method. We took the heat sinks off cleaned up the cpu/gpu applied new arctic silver ,and all that jazz. Well it didnt work so i let my dad piss with it after 2 failed attempts by myself. He got it to work ,or so we thought. It now turns on ,and then shortly after it turns on the fans slowly start to roar then after several minutes ,or once you got to load a game which ever happens first the system shuts down with 2 red lights.

I read something on one site about how it could possibly be as simple as the heat sinks arent fastened down tight enough. Could he have not got it tight enough so its causing the error?

Any ideas. If its something that stupid i rather do that than spend another 200 for a new one.

2 red lights means its overheated.
even though it might not actually be overheated, the console things it is, with all the messing around with it you must have damaged it or the components.
it can also happen if the xbox cant detect the fans on the system, the fans might work and be powered but the xbox doesnt know this.

im not even remotely experienced at modding or fixing these things so im not sure if its fixable, but i doubt it.

if i were you i would go for an arcade console. and use all your current stuff on that, unloess you fancy upgrading you hardrive (if you have one).
there is no differenece in the arcade and elite consoles. except what they come with

It is sometimes suggested that core gamers who own a Wii also own a PS3 or Xbox 360, and look to those platforms for their hardcore fix, but I don't buy it. The Wii offers a way of playing games the other consoles don't; it's all a matter of creating a game that gives players something they can't get from a PS3. Even though Extraction is an excellent game, it's still an old-fashioned rail shooter, which is arguably a niche genre unlikely to generate huge sales, no matter how good it is. I've heard the FPS Call of Duty: World at War sold well for the Wii, suggesting that core gamers will buy a core game they like, they just won't buy one simply because it's a "core game." yoga

crack is one hell of a drug..

Back