2 VGA Boxes, which to buy

hey

Actually, I heard there is going to be an official Nintendo Wii SCART cable in europe, but I'm not very sure. So if there is one, then you could just display the Nintendo Wii on your television.

edit
Yep, I just done a little googling and found them for purchase HERE (amazon.co.uk) :).

BTW, if your television and lcd monitor are about the same size, then I would recommend you just get one of these SCART cables for your television, rather than both a VGA Box and a Nintendo Wii Component cable for your monitor (hmm, I'm guessing your lcd monitor is alot larger, as you say your crt monitor and television are tiny :\).

another edit
Just remember, if you get one of those VGA Boxes then you will also need a Nintendo Wii Component cable. You will also have to set your Nintendo Wii to display at 480p (I really do think the PAL system runs at 480p, if not I think your outa luck, as I doubt your monitor would support 576p). I think it may be tricky the first time you boot your Nintendo Wii, as I think it will be set at 480i, so you won't beable to see anything (well the X2VGA 2's 480i EasyView feature will be handy for this). Finally, I don't think you will beable to display GameCube games, as I think they will run at 576i.

cyas

Last edited:
yosh64 said:
hey

Actually, I heard there is going to be an official Nintendo Wii SCART cable in europe, but I'm not very sure. So if there is one, then you could just display the Nintendo Wii on your television.

edit
Yep, I just done a little googling and found them for purchase HERE (amazon.co.uk) :).

BTW, if your television and lcd monitor are about the same size, then I would recommend you just get one of these SCART cables for your television, rather than both a VGA Box and a Nintendo Wii Component cable for your monitor (hmm, I'm guessing your lcd monitor is alot larger, as you say your crt monitor and television are tiny :\).

another edit
Just remember, if you get one of those VGA Boxes then you will also need a Nintendo Wii Component cable. You will also have to set your Nintendo Wii to display at 480p (I really do think the PAL system runs at 480p, if not I think your outa luck, as I doubt your monitor would support 576p). I think it may be tricky the first time you boot your Nintendo Wii, as I think it will be set at 480i, so you won't beable to see anything (well the X2VGA 2's 480i EasyView feature will be handy for this). Finally, I don't think you will beable to display GameCube games, as I think they will run at 576i.

cyas

Would this product allow me to use the SCART cable to play the wii on my lcd monitor?

eBay.co.uk: SyncBlaster VGA Cable - Connect RGB SCART to LCD (item 130051527350 end time 03-Dec-06 20:00:00 GMT)

hey

Revival said:
Would this product allow me to use the SCART cable to play the wii on my lcd monitor?

eBay.co.uk: SyncBlaster VGA Cable - Connect RGB SCART to LCD (item 130051527350 end time 03-Dec-06 20:00:00 GMT)
I'm not completly sure, but I think it should work. Well, you would obviously need a Nintendo Wii SCART cable also, and you would need to set the Nintendo Wii to display at 480p (I don't think your monitor would support the other resolutions). At least this way, on first boot you could hook your Nintendo Wii up directly to your TV (via SCART), to set it to display at 480p (if your TV doesn't support 480p, then hopefully the option to set the Nintendo Wii to display at 480p still appears, and that doing so doesn't harm you TV (well to be safe, maybe you could turn off your TV right before you change it)).

Edit, I just learnt that you can not display 480p via a SCART cable, as there's no progressive mode in scart/rgb. So I don't think the above will work :\.

Revival said:
Amazon.com: VIDEO CARD TO S VIDEO AND TV ADAPTER CABLE: Electronics

how about this!?
I don't think that would be very helpful, as it doesn't actually change the video signal, so I don't think your monitor would beable to display anything. I think this is really meant for hooking your computer to a television, but your computer must beable to output the correct video signal.

cyas

Last edited:
yosh64 said:
hey

I'm not completly sure, but I think it should work. Well, you would obviously need a Nintendo Wii SCART cable also, and you would need to set the Nintendo Wii to display at 480p (I don't think your monitor would support the other resolutions). At least this way, on first boot you could hook your Nintendo Wii up directly to your TV (via SCART), to set it to display at 480p (if your TV doesn't support 480p, then hopefully the option to set the Nintendo Wii to display at 480p still appears, and that doing so doesn't harm you TV (well to be safe, maybe you could turn off your TV right before you change it)).

Edit, I just learnt that you can not display 480p via a SCART cable, as there's no progressive mode in scart/rgb. So I don't think the above will work :\.

I don't think that would be very helpful, as it doesn't actually change the video signal, so I don't think your monitor would beable to display anything. I think this is really meant for hooking your computer to a television, but your computer must beable to output the correct video signal.

cyas

Bugger

Hey guys! I have today received the component cable kit for the Wii. Until now I have been playing the Wii on an 84" projector in my living room via a composite lead. This is fine for Wii Sports but no good for real gaming (more of a novelty!).

I have an X2VGA2 box which is supposed to convert composite HDTV into VGA. I have tried this on each of my 19" TFTs but they all just say OUT OF RANGE. I then tried it on a friends 15" TFT and had the same result. I don't know if you are familiar with the X2VGA2 but it has a light on the front indicating the current res. It says that the Wii is running at 480p (solid red LED). However I have not found any screen that can display this!! Does anybody else here run the Wii through a TFT? If so, how??! I have DVI and VGA but would prefer to use VGA since I am using the DVIs on each screen for my PC.

HELP PLEEEASE!! Can I set the Wii to run at 720?? I saw an option to change the res when I was running it on my projector (to 5xx I think - sounded odd at the time) but that made the projector go crazy and everything badly overlapped on the screen. I then had to blindly navigate back and set it to 480 again.

So. Has anyone got this working on a TFT? Ideally with an X2VGA2? My three screens are AG Neovo F-419s.

Thanks guys.
J

Back