Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

2 wiis better than 1?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by Hurst, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Hurst

Hurst dont hurt'em hurst!

Wii Friend Code: 8211-7709-2245-4630
    8211-7709-2245-4630
    I was out on wednesday, looking for things to buy, when i came across the Nintendo wii. As a child i was always a fan of nintendo, but since the game cube i had really given up hope on nintendo being a console for me in my adult age. Theres was so much hype about the console, and how they were constantly being sold out, so kinda like an impulse buy i bought it and Zelda.
    I would have to say so far so good. my family loves wii sports and im really into Zelda new control scheme.now i bought the system for my self, and i really do not like to share my tech unless im around to supervise (my wife and daughter know this so thats not a problem), my 13 year daughter really likes it and wants her own to play when ever she wants, Either my wife will buy it for her, or her grandparents will, either way she will have one by chrismas. my question is: is there a benefit to having 2 wiis the the house (besides not having to wait for your turn) can the systems link up anyway, maybe for 2 player game or any thing of that nature? lan parties? can we play wii sports together in different rooms as not to crowd around one 42" plasma tv

2. vagrant

vagrant ₪ ۩ ₪

Wii Friend Code: 8573-5327-9660-0097
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    There are games in developement at the moment that will support online play and play between multiple wiis. Someone else posted something about it I will paste the link if I can find it.

3. Hurst

Hurst dont hurt'em hurst!

Wii Friend Code: 8211-7709-2245-4630
    8211-7709-2245-4630
    Thanks i appreciate it

4. savoirvivre

savoirvivre Wii Ninja!

I read somewhere in the future you can hook up wiis to different tvs and link it up and play like fps games, eliminating the need to do split screens as such.

But i don't have the article i read it in, im sure someone can come up with some proof? anyone?

5. Jesse

Jesse Protector of Hyrule

Wii Friend Code: 7219-3868-1848-6260
    7219-3868-1848-6260
    Google search it. I'm sure you can find something on the subject. Google always gives you something.

6. Xanthan

Xanthan Hardcore Gamer

Wii Friend Code: 6188-0435-3585-1038
    6188-0435-3585-1038
    Games like Wii Sports don't support what you are talking about. But future games will, as well as supporting wireless communication between the 2 Wii's not even going over the internet. I would say yes to the 2 Wii's, if not for anything.. for when you want to play 1 game and your family is pestering you to play another. :p

7. MrGood

MrGood WiiChat Member

Initially I want to say hi all, my first post.

Secondly, in response to your question. Having 2 Sensor bars on the 1 TV may increase your accuracy? I'm not exactly sure but if 1 is good, 2 should be better.. right?

I might be completely off the mark, but logic would lead me to that conclusion...:shocked:

8. ericlewis91

ericlewis91 im McLovin

Wii Friend Code: 6031-8713-1077-8188
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    i got 2 wiis...soon 3 on friday...one for the projector room...one for the 60inch plasma..and one more for my room (51inch plasma) its great and fun!

9. Think_Tank

Think_Tank Reppin' the big N in GR.

No TV in the bathroom???

I think you need a better- paying job man...

10. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch WiiChat Member

how did you just walk in a store and get one, wat store, where do you live?

11. MrGood

MrGood WiiChat Member

I did that too, twice in fact.

Initially I walked in, picked it up, put it down and walked out. Decided it wasnt worth 400 AUS dollars.

Got home, read this forum, watched some videos, went back and bought one. Great fun : )

12. savoirvivre

savoirvivre Wii Ninja!

YOU WENT BACK AND IT WAS STILL THERE!!!!?!

*faints* i waited from 3am to 9am here in the states in 10F -12C weather LOL. Just to get One!

13. MrGood

MrGood WiiChat Member

One store in Geelong, Australia (a toy store, Toys R us) had them. And they had alot. The first time I went in people were streaming in, and streaming out, all holding their wii's. I go back an hour later and it's still happening and I get mine on a trolley of maybe 15.

I don't know how, but I think they hijacked the US's supply : P

14. haXXo

haXXo WiiChat Member

i thin kevery store ive walked into here in greece has wii's for sale .. i havent seen a place where the wii has been sold out ....

15. Klywak

Klywak Wii Player

Obviously you have never been to Canada, they sold out so fast I didn't get the chance to get one, so I have to play my Brothers!.. LOL

Wii Points on Bros. System.. 4500 Wii points:yikes:

#15 Klywak, Dec 12, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  16. savoirvivre

savoirvivre Wii Ninja!

Dude no freaking way. these other countries are like uuber cool dude. they get supply and probably stays there lol. how crazy is that. In the US people are way to hyped. lol, we are way to bored. We need lots of quick fixes. ;)

the only thing good about selling out so fast is that the messed up systems are taken out of supply quickly. Not selling out keep sthe bad systems in supply and then you have customers months later going, hey my strap broke. while it was just one of the release systems. Then causes people saying, they still breaking and nintendo spends money on research to find out it was just systems from launch never sold. lol ok im rambling. peace.

17. roryrc

roryrc roryrc

damnit us english are still aimlessly wondering around scavinging for the last wii's i really want one before christmas!!!:mad2:

18. MrGood

MrGood WiiChat Member

You should either utilize proper English, or remove your signature.

Sav you make a good point but hopefully nintendo are smart enough to realise that before they spend all their research money.

You may think we are indeed the lucky ones, but we get our games months after you guys do, to our disadvantage.

19. ReTodd

ReTodd WiiChat Member

20. Seibar

Seibar WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3674-4969-0601-4340
    3674-4969-0601-4340
    i figured they were gone everywhere too. but i guess if everyone thinks that then noone goes to look eh? i found wiimotes at my circuitcity when they werent supposed to have them. they wouldnt sell it to me in the end til the next day (when they ran out oddly enuff) though.