2 Wii's for sale. I just bought them 2hrs ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
now hold on a minute:

1: Not being interested in money doesn't make you an idiot. It makes you content.

2: Some of these people did put in the work to get a wii, but people like this man bought them all before they could get a hold of one.

Though buying 3 systems isn't much. A guy Where I went bought every wii in the store :p

Thedudeaboveme said:
Some people have to do what it takes to make a buck. Life is a hustle. When you get older you'll understand

Lethal is in no need of "a buck". He has already shown off his wealthy life style by bragging of his car/PS3/Wii/Xbox 360/ HDTV and commenting on how he makes enough to afford all this. His selling the systems is simply for a minuscule amount of personal gain. Then again I could be entirely wrong. Anyone with enough money to afford such a luxurious life style certainly would have no need to make 110$ profit seeing as that would be chump change.

Of course this could simply imply that his entire plethora of expensive products is merely a well played ruse seeing as he is doing this in order to make a measly 110$ profit.

Tri said:
Don't blame the guy selling him... he isn't the stupid one. Blame the people buying them.

People on these forums don't have as big a problem with people buying these Wii consoles as they have problems with people actually buying them and then selling them directly off for the only purpose of profit. When people do this they are essentially stealing the console from one of the people in the line and the person you are stealing it from is the person who was one spot in line away from getting a Wii. You are causing them grief by doing this just for your own personal gain. This is why people have problems with people that scalp like this.

Scalpers try to say that they make up for this by making someone happy by selling the console at an expense. Ive even heard people call it a "win-win situation". Where the fact is that the person you are selling the console to is someone who is most likely not willing to spend the time that others have spent to get that Wii while you are stealing the Wii from someone who has waited hours in a line in the early morning to get one.

Wii-bert said:
If you aren't interested in making money, then you are an idiot. If you aren't willing put in the work to geta system, you don't deserve one. If you had an extra Wii (perhaps a gift or something) and some stranger walked up to you and offered you $325 for it, would you not take it? I am sure you would say "Hey lemme get you some change" and come back with $75. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. B.S.

A: Some people in life don't aspire to make loads of money some people aspire to help the community or the world in life and do something positive that helps others. Sorry but I guess by your definition a friend of mine who went to El Salvador for 5 years to work with the homeless is an idiot or doctors who go to Africa and work for free are idiots too. Or maybe drug research scientists are idiots aswell?

B: Just because you waited 20 hours in line to get the system you are going to use to scalp does not mean that you are doing something moral. An immoral act is an immoral act, time spent to do the act does not make it any more moral.

C: I have sold a server to a friend for 80 dollars. 40 dollars to buy the server from work and 30 dollars to ship it to him. He offered to give me 130$ for the whole thing and I refused the extra 50 dollars.

Last edited:
Sytek said:
2: Some of these people did put in the work to get a wii, but people like this man bought them all before they could get a hold of one.
obviously they didn't put in enough work or else they would have gotten one. Nothing is free in this world. You think GameStop is any better? They buy Wiis in bulk and I can tell you it doesn't cost them $250. Should Gamestop sell Wiis at their cost? Yes they have employees to pay, but ultimately GameStop as a company gets richer for every Wii sold. So lets review. GameStop buys multiple Wiis and sell them for more than they paid. Sounds an awful lot like what Lethal is doing. So I guess GameStop cheated all of us that paid $250 for the Wii. I swear the internet is a huge tissue for the world to cry on

psyichic said:
When people do this they are essentially stealing the console from one of the people in the line and the person you are stealing it from is the person who was one spot in line away from getting a Wii. You are causing them grief by doing this just for your own personal gain.
I'm sorry but this is an entirely retarded way of thinking. So now buying things with the intention of making money is stealing. This is the way the world works and if you can't get with that than go cry somewhere else. So if you were the last one in line to get a Wii, are you stealing the console from the kid behind you?

psyichic said:
Scalpers try to say that they make up for this by making someone happy by selling the console at an expense. Ive even heard people call it a "win-win situation". Where the fact is that the person you are selling the console to is someone who is most likely not willing to spend the time that others have spent to get that Wii while you are stealing the Wii from someone who has waited hours in a line in the early morning to get one.
it is a win-win situation. The sell makes a profit and the buyer gets what he wanted. The buyer pays a price he is WILLING to pay, therefor it is a win-win situation. The buyer isn't forced to pay anything they AREN'T WILLING to pay, therefore there are no losers.

no offence but your wrong about not putting in enough work, people like me, everyone outside of best buy who was wating 10-30 hours for a wii, They let customers in very slowly and by the time we got in they we're all gone.

But I don't mind really, I'm far to mellow to let stuff like this bother me

Wii-bert said:
it is a win-win situation. The sell makes a profit and the buyer gets what he wanted. The buyer pays a price he is WILLING to pay, therefor it is a win-win situation. The buyer isn't forced to pay anything they AREN'T WILLING to pay, therefore there are no losers.

I'd call it a win-win-lose situation. The seller wins. The buyer wins... and the person that waited in line and didn't get one lost.

Maybe the problem isn't the buyer or the seller... but maybe it's the store for not putting a cap on how many systems one person could buy... is it fair that the first person in line buys all 23 systems and everyone else gets screwed?

We can play the blame game all day if we wanted...

Last edited:
psyichic said:
C: I have sold a server to a friend for 80 dollars. 40 dollars to buy the server from work and 30 dollars to ship it to him. He offered to give me 130$ for the whole thing and I refused the extra 50 dollars.
Why don't you read what I said. I said stranger not friend. Of course , you aren't gonna tax your friend, but if a stranger offered $130, no doubt in my mind you would have taken it without hesitation

Wii-bert said:
obviously they didn't put in enough work or else they would have gotten one. Nothing is free in this world. You think GameStop is any better? They buy Wiis in bulk and I can tell you it doesn't cost them $250. Should Gamestop sell Wiis at their cost? Yes they have employees to pay, but ultimately GameStop as a company gets richer for every Wii sold. So lets review. GameStop buys multiple Wiis and sell them for more than they paid. Sounds an awful lot like what Lethal is doing. So I guess GameStop cheated all of us that paid $250 for the Wii. I swear the internet is a huge tissue for the world to cry on

The general price that Wii consoles are sold at is 250 across the market from retail. While game stores do make a profit on the console this money is used to pay lease fees, employee's wages, and keep the store stocked with games. Sure they make extra on everything in the end but this money tends to be stored for times when unexpected accidents occur and cost the company a bit extra and provide some financial support so that if some type of problem occurs the company does not go bankrupt.

A video game store sells things at a profit to themselves because that is the only form of income they make is by selling video games and systems. A scalper is using this to make extra money at the expense of others. Thus there is a difference between the money that a scalper makes which is a luxury and the money a video game store makes which is a necessity.

And I swear the internet is a place for simple minded fools to go and bash others senselessly with absolutely no intelligent conversations. Personally I prefer dealing with someone who is too emotional then someone who lacks intelligence. Please try to atleast offer me an intellectual challenge because at the moment I am bored stiff responding to your shallow and poorly thought out retorts. If I am going to argue with someone like you I atleast want you to offer me some form of challenge outside of who can be the bigger idiot since in that game I would most certainly loose to you.

Wii-bert said:
I'm sorry but this is an entirely retarded way of thinking. So now buying things with the intention of making money is stealing. This is the way the world works and if you can't get with that than go cry somewhere else. So if you were the last one in line to get a Wii, are you stealing the console from the kid behind you?

There is quite a difference between someone who is buying a console for personal pleasure and someone who is buying it for monetary gain. If I buy the console for myself to enjoy them I may very well be hurting someone at the end of the line but I am doing this one time only and I do not plan on being unfair to the person in the line. I have bought my one Wii and I will never be in the line again to "steal" from another person. A scalper normally buys atleast 2 consoles. One for themself and then another to sell for profit. Most scalpers do this multiple times and thus hurt multiple people. Any normal customer is only hurting someone once by your standards and to not hurt someone else once would mean that no one would ever get a console. scalpers hurt multiple people. There is one exception I do give here which is for "scalpers" who only buy a single console and then sell it for profit. This I don't see as something that is as morally corrupt as normal. It is still somewhat "wrong" in my book to do this but I would not feel particularly upset with them if they were only to get a single console.

Wii-bert said:
Why don't you read what I said. I said stranger not friend. Of course , you aren't gonna tax your friend, but if a stranger offered $130, no doubt in my mind you would have taken it without hesitation

A friend who I have never met in real-life and lives in Montreal Canada who I met playing Splinter Cell multiplayer, not a personal friend. Oh and how is this for a complete stranger? At the Nintendo World store in NYC when I got my Wii a guy ahead of me in the line turned to me and said "Hey can you grab me an extra ticket? ill give you 20 bucks for it." I was standing with my father and we were there to buy the Wii for my younger brother seeing as my parents had come down to Stamford to see family. I said to him "No im not going to help you scalp". The man offered me 20 dollars on the spot for a piece of paper and I turned him down and I am by no means wealthy and 20 dollars for me means a chance to avoid the cafeteria and cover up the hole the money for the Wii left in my wallet. How is that for your scenario?

psyichic said:
I said to him "No im not going to help you scalp". The man offered me 20 dollars on the spot for a piece of paper and I turned him down and I am by no means wealthy and 20 dollars for me means a chance to avoid the cafeteria and cover up the hole the money for the Wii left in my wallet. How is that for your scenario?
and you will stay "by no means wealthy" if you continue to think this way

Wii-bert said:
and you will stay "by no means wealthy" if you continue to think this way

Its exactly this childish attitude that marks you as unintelligent. That and the fact you seem to have missed the fact that if you read through my post you may have picked up I am a student and most of my energy is spent on my studies and not on becoming "wealthy" or the fact ive already stated have no aspirations to become wealthy but I am in-fact more concerned with doing something positive in my life. Im sorry that you were not able to pick up these obvious notes from my posts.

And I would also like to point out that you apparently are unable to respond intelligently to my example so you have slumped to the point of throwing pointless insults at me.

psyichic said:
And I would also like to point out that you apparently are unable to respond intelligently to my example so you have slumped to the point of throwing pointless insults at me.
I wasn't trying to insult you. I was being truthful. If you are happy with mediocrity then good for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back