20 gig Ps3

En4Neo

Jet-Set-Jesse
Feb 10, 2007
I was thinking about getting a cheap 20 gig ps3.

I was wondering if it would be worth it, or if I should just get the 60 gig instead.

First off I was wondering if the 20 gig has just as many Ps2 and ps1 games on it as the 60 gig if not more?

Also does it have built in wifi?

Finally do you think the 20gig will be enough to last me as far as game downloads goes? (I'm planning on getting Warhawk and some different playstation games...and many more games if they interest me)

Last edited:
guitarman said:
offtopicness : :eek: your back!

Holy crap, someone noticed! :lol:

zachp18 said:
ps. did u know that they discontinued the 20 gig?

No, but that doesn't answer my questions.....

and I still see them being sold online, so it's not impossible to get one.

Last edited:
20GB can do/play anything the 60GB can. Its doesnt have WiFi, a chrome trim or flash card reader.

Depends mostly if you want WiFi or not.

En4Neo said:
I was thinking about getting a cheap 20 gig ps3.

I was wondering if it would be worth it, or if I should just get the 60 gig instead.

First off I was wondering if the 20 gig has just as many Ps2 and ps1 games on it as the 60 gig if not more?

Also does it have built in wifi?

Finally do you think the 20gig will be enough to last me as far as game downloads goes? (I'm planning on getting Warhawk and some different playstation games...and many more games if they interest me)
well, since the 60gb only costs 500 dollars now, you'd be best off just going with that instead of trying to find a cheap one on ebay when you can just walk into a store and get one there.

GamerCon said:
20GB can do/play anything the 60GB can. Its doesnt have WiFi, a chrome trim or flash card reader.

Depends mostly if you want WiFi or not.
Since the 60 gig has an internet browser and of course a hard drive, can it be used to upload pictures to the web?

WiiBad said:
Since the 60 gig has an internet browser and of course a hard drive, can it be used to upload pictures to the web?
Yes. Thats one of the high points when comparing it to the Wii browser is it can upload pics.

Sony noted the 20gb version won't be big enough to hold the data for some of their future games. They probably want to dump entire games onto the hard drive. It's been done before with games like FF11 for the PS2. The result is higher security, more customization, and larger expansions.

The minus is anyone that got a 20gb version will have problems later. Probably far more than those who never got a PS2 hard drive. Do not buy a 20gb version, Sony has warned you.

sagema said:
Sony noted the 20gb version won't be big enough to hold the data for some of their future games. They probably want to dump entire games onto the hard drive. It's been done before with games like FF11 for the PS2. The result is higher security, more customization, and larger expansions.

The minus is anyone that got a 20gb version will have problems later. Probably far more than those who never got a PS2 hard drive. Do not buy a 20gb version, Sony has warned you.
Thats pretty stupid. Really stupid. FFXI was an online game, that would be very impressive if it ran and read all the info off the disc while simultainiously having small loading times.

You can get a new, or used, bigger HDD and install it yourself. If you dont need WiFi or flash card ports, it will be cheaper then getting the 60GB and making that bigger.

Wifi is definatley something I want and 60 gigs would be nice too.

I have a 360...and that's about 20 gigs, and IMO it certainly isn't enough especially when I'm the type to keep demos just for kicks.

So I'll just wait and see if I can get a cheap 60 gig, hopefully that'll be easy to find once the 80 gig is out. /:

But I'm probably not going to even bother getting a ps3 until next year, which doesn't bother me much seeing as the only game I'd want would be Ninja Gaiden Sigma...and maybe a lil Resistence.

It'll be painful not being able to play Ratchet and Clank when it comes out though, but hopefully it'll be delayed for my sake. :3

Last edited:
En4Neo said:
Wifi is definatley something I want and 60 gigs would be nice too.

I have a 360...and that's about 20 gigs, and IMO it certainly isn't enough especially when I'm the type to keep demos just for kicks.

So I'll just wait and see if I can get a cheap 60 gig, hopefully that'll be easy to find once the 80 gig is out. /:
They are only $500. You can probably find them cheaper on eBay. I got mine new for $500 when they were still $600.

Back