2007 Console Sales

lol yes cause everyone knows Wiki is the all knowing source of the world... please some of there pages are full of so much bull its not funny... Fill in the Blank encyclopedia on the web..lol get real..

the argument isnt if you can use VG charts as a source for Wiki... its if its a reliable source... and based on the way they do the equation to come up with there charts, its by far the more reliable unbiased source than any other on the web...We already know that 360 has shipped 17.7 million thats not being argued here..

i mean we can break it down to what the company says they sell for the most accurate overall sales... thats fine but thats not an accurate outlook of how the console is acctually selling...

Last edited:
Man Wii fit isn't even out yet over here. It's really funny to see people fight over these numbers. The PS3 owners still claim the PS3 doing so much better in the "other" category. The xbox 360 has some what stalled. I'm not sure why? So far nintendo really is doing their job as a platform provider. It doesn't really matter how you get to 20 million,yet how fast matters a lot.

Hey but really these numbers are not worth fighting over because no matter what you do online you can't stop the people who don't care about what your opinion is. Nintendo proved that this gen. Nintendo will win simply because the other fan boys ignore it and don't really control what the masses think about gaming any more.

What is important though is that MS and SONY and even nintendo learn from this gen.

Thank you, Sovieto. The reason people tend to believe VGchartz is they update the website every month or two to match the current console sales. However as I said before they only add up and not down. This is why the 360 has such a massive gap on their website.

Their sales numbers are wrong, even for games like Super Mario Brothers. You can get exact sales figures from the NPD on websites like Gamedeveloper. They have been tracking game sales long before websites like VGchartz even existed. Rely on the websites that report real numbers and not the fakes.

The NPD is one of the sources VG chartz uses you twit...lol

They adjusted sales numbers in october for the 360 based on NPD information for the states... and the NPD is only an american tracking/market research firm... so they only account for sales in the USA...

when it comes to "console wars" that doesn't matter...its the whole picture world wide... and besides VG the next best thing your going to get is quartly sales reports from each company... Again these are overall sales not "units in the home"

And unless you want to go count up every different console sitting on the shelf worldwide VG is your only other source at all for anything even close to real world sales figures... Give it up already guys you might not agree with the numbers but its the best thing we got so far with the information we have...

im not a huge VG chartz fanboy or anything but unless you can show me another site that does a more complete job then they do, then dont bother...

kronau said:
wouldint that mean nintendo got like 4,810,000,000$ in sales?

yeah and from some quick math 1,657,500,000 in profit on consoles alone(i think it costs them about $16x to produce, i could be wrong though and i don't feel like looking it up since i'm leaving work now). Those numbers are based on sales of 19.5 million units, and assuming that nintendo sold them to retailers for $250 which obviously isn't the case but i'm not sure how much they sell them to retaillers for so that's about as accurate as i can make it. If someone else has a clue of what the stores pay per unit please chime in with a more accurate response. I mean even if they sold them to retaillers at $1 over cost per unit they still would have made $19.5 million which is better than sony and i'm pretty sure still better than microsoft at this point. :lol:

Last edited:
Back