2007 Gaming Letdowns

shiz

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2007
So the new year is coming and the mass release of games for the holiday is pretty much over. Here is an article with a few letdowns from GameAlmighty

http://www.gamealmighty.com/story-individual/story/2007_Gaming_Letdowns/

My 2007 Letdown: Assassin's Creed.

here is a game that was built on such an amazing engine and had such great potential but the gameplay was just far below what I expected. Maybe I was just the victim of over-hype but I find it hard to believe that I would have enjoyed the game more if I expected less of it. Although I still played through the game and found it entertaining, it could have been much much better in my opinion. Hopefully the other two in the trilogy will learn from this game.

For me, it was Super Paper Mario.
Don't get me wrong, it's a good, fun entertaining game, but it's too short, too easy. The 3D/2D flip thing was a fantastic idea, but they could have done more with it.

Pretty much every game released on the wii is a letdown!! Well, all the ones that are avaliable on other platforms too! (with the ones only on the wii - at least you can't see better versions all the time and make yourself depressed!!!!)

Evolve82 said:
Pretty much every game released on the wii is a letdown!! Well, all the ones that are avaliable on other platforms too! (with the ones only on the wii - at least you can't see better versions all the time and make yourself depressed!!!!)

I thought there were several enjoyable games for the Wii.. but that's just my opinion :0

Sorry... There are. I was just venting a little frustration as I am getting bored with the same kinda cartoon games and kids games! How many Mario games do you need??

I want a proper game that I, an adult, would like to play. Something a little more realistic and grown up! Thought Fifa would be great, but to be honest it is a simple version of a good game!

My gaming let down was Eternal Sonata for the 360...
I was so excited for that game... and just UGH!

Curse you boring RPGs!

I shall also nominate Assassin's Creed. It sounded fantastic when I first heard about it, but when I actually got it, it felt like such a let down. Not terrible, but just... mundane. After a while it got fairly boring. Shame really, because when you're playing you can tell there's potential for a lot more.

Back