2008 gaming predictions

Napalmbrain

WiiChat Member
May 15, 2006
Cardiff, Wales
Some of my predictions for the year ahead in video games:

-Metal Gear Solid 4 will outdo MGS 2 for the title of "most incomprehensible plot ever" and end up being another let down. It'll be out for 360 in 2009.

-The new Mario Kart is delayed in Europe and Australia for at least two months after the Americans get it.

-Squeenix continues its plan to develop as few brand new games as possible by announcing remakes of Final Fantasy V on DS and Final Fantasy VII, probably for PSP.

-Final Fantasy XIII will not be out by the end of year.

-Wiiware ends up being underused by Nintendo.

-A new Zelda game is announced for the Wii.

-Duke Nukem Forever remains unreleased. :lol:

-Grand Theft Auto IV is the biggest selling game of the year (boy, I'm really making a gamble here... :D).

-Street Fighter IV will do badly because the purists hate the 3D while the 3D fans will think it's too hard. Nonetheless, Capcom will release loads of revisions.

-Sony responds to poor PS3 sales by announcing 800 new models rather than just cutting the price.

What do you predict for 2008?

Napalmbrain said:
Some of my predictions for the year ahead in video games:

-Metal Gear Solid 4 will outdo MGS 2 for the title of "most incomprehensible plot ever" and end up being another let down. It'll be out for 360 in 2009.

-A new Zelda game is announced for the Wii.

-Grand Theft Auto IV is the biggest selling game of the year (boy, I'm really making a gamble here... :D).

-Sony responds to poor PS3 sales by announcing 800 new models rather than just cutting the price.
Good predictions, except for the Sony one, whaddya' mean?

Also, I think MGS2 was pretty good :( MGS4's gameplay looks amazing (might not have the plot like you said) but still looks like its playability is based more off of MGS3. Then again, Kojima said he wouldn't return for the making of MGS4, the development team must of really screwed it up before he returned.

261311 said:
Good predictions, except for the Sony one, whaddya' mean?

Come on, there's got to be about four or five models of the PS3 out already. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
Im really taking a shot in the dark here but i think a new Smash Bros game will come??? In February?? :lol: JK
I think a new portable from Microsoft will come
I think SSBB will be best selling game of 08
I thinks i gotta go to the bathroom. No wait. :scared: I dont.

I think we will hear about a New Zelda at E3, slated for release in early 09.
We will see the new Star Fox make its way to our consoles this year, as well as a new Donkey Kong game, much like the one for n64.

More Wii knockoffs will come out, Vii360 etc. :lol:

SSBB won't be the best selling game of 08 overall, but will be Nintendo's best of the consoles life.

CantGetAWii said:
I think we will hear about a New Zelda at E3, slated for release in early 09.

So soon? Given how long Zelda games typically take to come out I doubt it'll be out until late 2009, at the earliest.

haha nice list......oh god I can't wait for Duke Nukem Forever after seeing that most recent teaser.

why must you taunt us? I got my bubble gum ready and everything!

Waluigi will have completed his conquest of world domination and everyone but the Waluigi Fan Club members will be enslaved. :yesnod:

Those are some pretty cool predictions, although I am actually looking forward to MGS4, which I personally think will live up to the hype.
Anyway, nicely done.

• PS3 will get some must have exculsives
  • Wii will get some Nonnintendo exculsives
  • New Disney game
  • Wii will get another shoddy conversion
  • Dreamcast will get anohter game out for it
  • A new movie licenced game that turns out to be crap
  • Portal 2 - The quest for cake
  • WiiDarts gets a make over in the UK and becomes WiiBullseye
  • Nintendo gets in trobble over wiibullseye due to the amount of tvs broken
  • Some good game gets over looked by the newest rushed pile-o-shite
Napalmbrain said:
-Street Fighter IV will do badly because the purists hate the 3D while the 3D fans will think it's too hard. Nonetheless, Capcom will release loads of revisions.

Street fighter 4 is 2D it just looks 3D (like the sf EX games)

Back