3 FREE VC games to come the Wii?

And just when we thought that Nintendo would be leaving us empty-handed this Christmas, we were suddenly proven wrong, all thanks to a nice little press release which announces that Christmas morning would be better than we thought. And a clue? Well, we can still expect the big belly and the red cap, as usual, except that the said belly and cap would be belonging to an Italian plumber this time around.

That's right; by December 25, Wii players will be able to download the original Super Mario Bros. game via the Wii shop for 500 Wii Points. Alongside Mario and Luigi, some other familiar characters will also be making appearances in the Virtual Console for 800 Wii Points each:

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Super Castlevania IV
Toe Jam & Earl
R-TYPE
It doesn't end there, though, as by January 1, the classic titles Baseball and Urban Champion will also be making their comebacks in living rooms everywhere.

Sure, it's not exactly the secret Wii channels and the free gift that we were sort of hoping for (though we're still keeping our fingers crossed for that), but we're not complaining.

omfg..I still havent gotten my router to access the internet! gonna have to buy a wifi adapter if I cant get this working by christmas..

Back