35 character roster

mushroomedmario

ssb4life
May 5, 2007
Waterloo, ontario, canada
Wii Online Code
5701-4561-7633-7008
Okay before brawl came out, people complained that there were only 35 characters, especially me too, i thought there was going to be about 40-45. However, i am GLAD there are only 35 characters, i sitll have yet to find a main(i'm leaning towards maining mario again) and there are so many challanges that require you to do something with every character.

Is anyone else glad that there is only 35 characters(not to mention sheik, zamus and pokemon). Anyone else still having trouble finding a main?

Yea I am glad. I want to use Ike because I loved the Fire Emblem games, but I like Meta Knight. You can use everybody it's really fun. Only person I can't get used to = Olimar.

CocoSSBB said:
five characters do not make a difference. If SSBB had 40-45 characters, people would complain that there aren't 50-55.

i'd say it does, especially since the characters are more balanced, i was able to find a main in melee within a day or two, even with the old characters, it's hard to find one that i like, but i'll probably just stick to mario but still, there are a lot of characters that i like as well

plus for challanges, like beat boss mode with every character, that's a good half hour if there was 40 characters, and there are more challenges that involve 'using every character'

Yeah I'm glad there is not 40-45 characters, I actually prefer less characters in the game, otherwise there is too much to do. Although more characters would mean more gameplay.

mushroomedmario said:
i'd say it does, especially since the characters are more balanced, i was able to find a main in melee within a day or two, even with the old characters, it's hard to find one that i like, but i'll probably just stick to mario but still, there are a lot of characters that i like as well

plus for challanges, like beat boss mode with every character, that's a good half hour if there was 40 characters, and there are more challenges that involve 'using every character'

Read the part that says "if SSBB has 40-45 characters, people would complain that there weren't 50-55 characters."

Who wouldn't want 5-10 extra characters? Still, I love brawl the way it is. My main is Link, and my subs are Metaknight, Wolf, and Pit.

GigaRidley said:
Who wouldn't want 5-10 extra characters? Still, I love brawl the way it is. My main is Link, and my subs are Metaknight, Wolf, and Pit.
It's not so much that as that people will never be happy.

CocoSSBB said:
Read the part that says "if SSBB has 40-45 characters, people would complain that there weren't 50-55 characters."

that's the opposite point of the thread, the point of this thread is to be glad that there are only 35 characters, i'm not complaining that there aren't enough characters, i believe 40 would be too many

GigaRidley said:

me, evidently, hence the point of the thread
It's not so much that as that people will never be happy.
I AM HAPPY WITH THE CURRENT ROSTER. THAT IS THE POINT OF THE THREAD. I am asking if other people have become happy/less angry(than they were) at the fact that there are 35(/39) characters

I'm happy with the current roster also. But I didn't have any problem finding a main really. It took a couple matches until I knew I loved ZSS and Zelda/Sheik

I found it was ridiculously easy to unlock all the chars... I had em all after the first day of playing... (nothing to be proud of)

I still havent found a main... I liked diddy for a bit, then realized everyone used him online, then moved to Ike... same thing happened.

Then I decided to go for ZSS thinking nobody would choose her, but then she turns out to such hard.

So now im stuck between Toon Link, Wolf, and Kirby (ill probably change again by next week)

Maybe I need to stop careing what other people main :S

I wasn't too pleased when I first saw the full roster, but after actually playing the game, I started to realize that every character is completely different, which means that there is something for every person, and every style. I mean characters range from an extremely unexpected Olimar to the standard smashers and back to the unique with the likes of R.O.B. and many others. It turns out Dedede is my calling, and I hardly paid any attention to him when he was announced.
In my opinion, they pulled off the characters perfectly. Sure, I wouldn't mind Megaman joining the Brawl, but he and other pined-for characters honestly aren't needed, which is all that matters.

ScottAspen said:
Then I decided to go for ZSS thinking nobody would choose her, but then she turns out to such hard.
Hard? I found her a breeze to play. I guess its just personal preference.

Back