36 New Virtual Console Games for Q1

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Nintendo have today announced their plans to over 36 new Virtual Console titles via the Wii Shop in the first quarter of 2007.

The Virtual Console games that will be added to the Wii Shop Channel in Q1 include 20 Nintendo titles, 7 Turbografx (PC Engine) games and 9 classic SEGA MEGA DRIVE games. New Virtual Console titles will be added throughout 2007 creating a constantly growing library of games.

Here are some of the announced titles:

Nintendo:
Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Street Fighter II: World Warrior
Super Probotector
Super Mario World

Sega:
Streets of Rage
Bio-Hazard Battle
Bonanza Bros.
Comix Zone.

Hudson / Turbografx:
Soldier Blade
Double Dungeons
New Adventure Island.

Virtual Console games range in price from 500 Wii Points for NES games to 800 Wii Points for Super Nintendo games and 1000 Wii Points for Nintendo 64 games. Wii points required for titles available in 2007 may vary. Wii Points Cards are available to buy in retail stores and are estimated to retail at around €20 (£14) for 2000 Wii Points. In the stars catalogue smaller fractions of Wii Points will also be available.

Via: Press Release

Great to hear Mario Kart 64 has now been officially confirmed and also the announcement of Wii Points in the stars catalogue is a great addition too.

when are the wii points going into the stars catalogue?
and how come i didnt get a code with my nunchuck?

i0n said:
Nintendo have today announced their plans to over 36 new Virtual Console titles via the Wii Shop in the first quarter of 2007.

The Virtual Console games that will be added to the Wii Shop Channel in Q1 include 20 Nintendo titles, 7 Turbografx (PC Engine) games and 9 classic SEGA MEGA DRIVE games. New Virtual Console titles will be added throughout 2007 creating a constantly growing library of games.

Here are some of the announced titles:

Nintendo:
Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Street Fighter II: World Warrior
Super Probotector
Super Mario World

Sega:
Streets of Rage
Bio-Hazard Battle
Bonanza Bros.
Comix Zone.

Hudson / Turbografx:
Soldier Blade
Double Dungeons
New Adventure Island.

Via: Press Release

Great to hear Mario Kart 64 has now been officially confirmed and also the announcement of Wii Points in the stars catalogue is a great addition too.
Thanks alot for the list. I've been dying to find out when Super Mario World comes out.

Solid line up there, great news. Just wish we'd get a date saying when we can get Wii points for star points. I want my free VC games dag-namit.

I dunno =/ iw ould tell if i did....

My friend told me that a MArio RPG came out in america but not australia... What's it like?

was that list for the US too???!?!

Silent-Sniper said:
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=70816

Wii owners in the UK will soon be able to put any "Stars" they have collected on Nintendo's official website toward the cost of Wii Points - the currency used to buy Virtual Console games.

When you first log on to the Wii Shop with your new console, you'll be asked to "link your account" to the one you have with Nintendo-Europe.com.

"By linking your Wii Shop Channel account to your online Nintendo membership, you will be able to enjoy additional benefits in the near future," the website explains.

"Not only will you then be able to purchase Wii points in the Stars Catalogue, you will also get Stars for your Virtual Console purchases upon completing a small survey."

Stars are points redeemed by using codes included with Nintendo software sold in the UK. You get some with the Wii itself, too.

In the past Nintendo's made things like games available to people with lots of Stars, but typically there's no physical merch available on the website, just MP3s and wallpaper - leading to a lot of people slagging off the system. Nice to see it finally getting some proper use, eh?

We'll let you know when this all comes into play. Wii points retail at about GBP 14.99 for 2000 points, with Virtual Console games split into price brackets based on their system (e.g. 500 for NES, 800 for SNES, 1000 for N64).
That should help. :)

Back