360 and Wii combo?

of course its a good combo... but I have to agree with Paintballer, if you've got the cashflow then just get all 3

i'm buying a 360 next month as i really wanna play it online and use the headset for all the great games!

paintba||er said:

Not really. $1350 isn't too much and as I always say, if you can't afford that then you should be trying to find a job not playing video games.

:tard:

$1350+ is a lot of disposable income to invest in any hobby, especially video games.

A lot of successful, financially savvy, people will tell you the more you make, the less you spend.

Last edited:
i have a 360 and a wii...

i dont really play the wii that much, the games i wanted have been put back with their release dates so there isnt too much keeping me interested on it.

360 is awesome, as im sure alot of people know..

i dont want a Ps3....yet, gimme ninja gaiden and im there, so then i'll have all 3

obvioulsy all 3 is the best combo, it means you wont be missing anything

lackluster dj said:

$1350+ is a lot of disposable income to invest in any hobby, especially video games.

A lot of successful, financially savvy, people will tell you the more you make, the less you spend.
Ya, but I don't buy much else. I don't have to pay taxes or any bills or anything, so I usually just put half the money in the bank and spend half of it usually on electronics. What is the point of having money if you aren't going to spend it on things that you will enjoy?

idn about getting another console, i don't see the point of a 360 since i have a computer, and i don't think that i'll buy many games for the ps3............i'd rather spend money on wii games, i like the wide variety

paintba||er said:

Ya, but I don't buy much else. I don't have to pay taxes or any bills or anything, so I usually just put half the money in the bank and spend half of it usually on electronics. What is the point of having money if you aren't going to spend it on things that you will enjoy?

retirement

however i will say that it sounds like you have a good plan though (saving half). :thumbsup: the earlier you start with good habits like that the better off you'll be later on. keep it up!

lackluster dj said:

1350 isnt that much for video games, im sure he spent much more total even
i have a little over $2000 into my little entertainment center for video games
and if you think about it, video games provide much more entertainment and last longer than most hobbys. a hobby such as collecting rocks is only fun once you put a new rock in your collection, or go to show your collection off. where for video games a single video game could provide hundreds of hours of fun.

Sovieto said:
1350 isnt that much for video games, im sure he spent much more total even
i have a little over $2000 into my little entertainment center for video games
and if you think about it, video games provide much more entertainment and last longer than most hobbys. a hobby such as collecting rocks is only fun once you put a new rock in your collection, or go to show your collection off. where for video games a single video game could provide hundreds of hours of fun.

i just think people sound pretty silly when they say, oh yeah one thousand three hundred and fifty dollars is not that much to spend on video games.

yeah... great spending habits... it's one thing to do it and be conciously aware of the fact that you're investing a substantial sum of cash into video games. it's quite another to be like, oh yeah, it aint that much money.

your hobby comparison is pretty weak. not too many people spend 1350 on rocks. nor does that particular hobby provide hours of entertainment.

however, other hobbies that lots of people spend 1000-2000 such as, in my case, mountain biking and golf provide a lot of people with many hours of entertainment. they also have that staying power you described.

lackluster dj said:
i just think people sound pretty silly when they say, oh yeah one thousand three hundred and fifty dollars is not that much to spend on video games.

yeah... great spending habits... it's one thing to do it and be conciously aware of the fact that you're investing a substantial sum of cash into video games. it's quite another to be like, oh yeah, it aint that much money.

your hobby comparison is pretty weak. not too many people spend 1350 on rocks. nor does that particular hobby provide hours of entertainment.

however, other hobbies that lots of people spend 1000-2000 such as, in my case, mountain biking and golf provide a lot of people with many hours of entertainment. they also have that staying power you described.
But it isn't much unless you are poor and unemployed...

lackluster dj said:

my comparison was just showing why you would spend more money on video games, rather than buying/collecting rocks.

paintba||er said:

But it isn't much unless you are poor and unemployed...
Perhaps it's not much if you are a child and don't have to spend money on necessities. For people in the real world who have bills to pay, food to buy, etc. it can be a bit much.

a hobby such as collecting rocks is only fun once you put a new rock in your collection, or go to show your collection off. where for video games a single video game could provide hundreds of hours of fun.
You're forgetting the time spent actually collecting rocks.

Back