360 impression

ics

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
I have the wii and have been kinda disappointed about the graphics only because of what I heard the 360 and PS3 are like. This weekend I got to play the 360 for the first time on a 55 inch HD TV. To tell you the truth I didn't find it that much better then the wii graphics. I mean they were definitly better but I was not really blown away like I thought I would be. I asked my friend if he was using the component cables and he said yes but it didn't really look all that high def to me. I later confirmed he was using the component cables because that is what comes with the 360 with the harddrive. BTW the games I played were Ghost Recon advanced war fighter, NHL 2007 and Project Gotham racing.
Now I dont feel like I am missing out much with the wii graphics.

I agree with Sovieto you must be blind. The graphics on the x box 360 are on another level compared to the wii.

I do think that some parts of red steel are actually quite nice graphically (e.g. when you first walk into the dojo) but I do know that Gow graphics are pretty stunning, but will the 360s graphics ever get any better than that? As i'm sure the wii can produce better graphics than what was shown with redsteel.

Yes Red Steel was launch title and it even boasts great graphics..imagine what the Wii will do in 1 year, it can even beat the hell outta Xbox's graphics

im sure every one thats played/owns a wii has played lozenge tp the graphics in that are pretty good and that is the worst its gona get

Axtlar said:
Yes Red Steel was launch title and it even boasts great graphics..imagine what the Wii will do in 1 year, it can even beat the hell outta Xbox's graphics
dosent matter about launch title or whatever, hes missing out on what hes missing out on
btw heres cod2, a launch title
http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/50542/Call-of-Duty-2/

and heres a MUCH better resolution pic of gears
http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/54429/Gears-of-War/

Flagel said:
I do think that some parts of red steel are actually quite nice graphically (e.g. when you first walk into the dojo) but I do know that Gow graphics are pretty stunning, but will the 360s graphics ever get any better than that? As i'm sure the wii can produce better graphics than what was shown with redsteel.

yes it will, systems always do, 360 is only a year old so we've only seen 1/5 or 1/6 of what it can do

im sure every one thats played/owns a wii has played lozenge tp the graphics in that are pretty good and that is the worst its gona get
big issue with that is that the wii games coming out now/then arent as good as TP, or RE4, which is sad and proves devs are doing **** right now

Last edited:
I have never played GOW so I don't know how good it looks on a big screen tv in high def. All I am saying is from the games I played I would say there was only a modest amount of difference from RE4 graphics.

Hey I not saying the graphics are equil because there not. I guess I was just expecting to see more of a high def experience with all the hype I read about.
The graphics on the 360 do look very good but in GRAW when the vehicals were on fire the graphics looked no better then the wii. I honestly thought the fire in RE4 looked better. Maybe I just set my expectations way too high.
Hopefully someday I will see GOW. That will be the true test

Axtlar said:
keep dreaming axtlar..
well bak on topic.
I feel srry if you cannot see how amzing the graphics are on the gams you played...you poor poor soul.
And by the way GRAW is not the best game for "fire" graphics i kinda thought that too but everything else is just soooooo amzing(keep in mind im not plying in HD) and GRAw 2 the graphics are probably as good Gow!

Last edited:
I've got both and like both, so I'm not bashing either, but the 360 blows the Wii out of the water as far as graphics. This is on a 26" lcd HDTV.

With the way you guys are talking I am starting to wonder if the 360 I played on may not have the high def enabled. Is that possible?

ics said:
With the way you guys are talking I am starting to wonder if the 360 I played on may not have the high def enabled. Is that possible?
i dont have hi def and it still looks amazing
i just seriously think you werent able to retain the memory of the 360 games and then compare it with RE4

Back