360 or PS3 better?

Jonny

Reow
Dec 12, 2006
Melbourne
Wii Online Code
6209-9356-8877-3193
Hi all, sorry for the off topic thread in the wrong part of the forum which may have been posted by others millions of times already. (Impossible to search for a topic like this via the search function for me)

I've had my wii for about a month now and im already getting a bit bored of some of the games or i've already clocked them, i have 6 games, 3 are finished and the other 3 are based on multiplayer minigames which i dont find myself playing that often.

Most my friends who bought a Wii have already gone off n bought themselves a 360 already.

I just wanted to do a little research on whether the 360 is more better or the PS3 is more better (Sorry for all the ps3/360 haters, but this is my favourite forum so i thought i'd ask here). But found myself stuck between the both consoles.

Basically i realised that the wii is concentrating more on the multiplayer/family type games, so im looking for the console which is more fun when your playing alone @ home, but i never liked being a loner, so thats where the online part kicks in.. and from what i hear xbox 360 supports online games much more than the ps3 will... :S

Basically from what i've gathered so far:
(The money really is no problem for me so i wont count that factor in)

PS3:
Pros:
More variety of games (with exclusive games)
More powerful system
Better graphics
No regional lock
I have one of those TVs that supports blu-ray... u know what i mean that 780i 1080p thing, i dont know which is what but i know my tv will support the ps3 graphics :) (saw some thread where people were complaining that older tvs wouldnt support it and something would scale down apparently)

Cons:
Wont be as many online subscribers due to price
Many good games won't be out till 2008ish

Xbox360
Pros:
Massive online support/alot of subscribers

Even though the PS3 seems to have more pros, for some odd reason im still leaning towards the xbox360..

Could you guys please post here on what i have missed out on whether there is anything more i should know about each console. And also if you were in my position, which console you would purchase? Thanks :)

EDIT: Something i forgot to say - Im not really a Graphics fanatic typa-guy, i really enjoy the gameplay much more.

Last edited:
xbox is better, also cheaper. better games aswell. also ive heard the gameplay is also better.

P.s: The wii bets the all anyway...

Shouldn't this be in the PS3 or Xbox section? Not the Wii section. Just an observation.

they both suck :D. grab more wii motes and some beers.. best fun ever.

ahem sorry for that outburst. if i had to choose id go 360, although im not into buying HD movies/blue ray so it might be more of a deciding factor for you. The 360 already has a big library of games so that should defintly be a Pro. i think the whole Xbox 360 experience will remain far more 'fresh' than with the ps3, graphics aside the 360 has more room to suprise and impress imo.

Yeah, Sorry about that.. lol

I figured if i posted it in the xbox forum, then ppl would say Xbox is better and
if i posted it in the ps3 forum, ppl would say the ps3 is better, so i really wanted opinions of Wii owners instead

[/QUOTE]
Cons:
Wont be as many online subscribers due to price
Many good games won't be out till 2008ish
[/QUOTE]

actually there are many good games coming out this year, Heavenly Sword, Assassins Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII

The 360 mainly for games like Saint's Row, Dead Rising and Gears (which in my opinion smokes Resistance)

In a games perspective... i REALLY want
PS3... Genji - Days of the blade

360... gears of war, lost planet, dead rising

this is so frustrating, cause if i choose xbox 360, i'll be getting it tomorrow, if i choose ps3, i'll be getting it mid 2007... :S (not out in australia yet anyway)

i stayed over my mates house and he had a 360.
I loved it we stayed up all night and played gears of war co-op
and nba 07 online which was so fun.
If i were you id definitely gat a 360.

three hundred and sixty i would go for.

Jesus... the name is even cheaper than that ps3

ps3 all the way
xbox sux cuz of one factor: its made by microsoft

personally i think halo is overrated, and halos the only reason many ppl get an xbox,

ps3 will have ff games, possibly ffVII, and dmc4.

Back