360 or PS3 better?

lol id go with the 360 now not unles u can wait till mid 07 when you can get the ps3 ..for me i have the 360/wii best of both worlds graphics and gameplay .. im still ganna get a ps3 if i ever see a 60gig one around theres a bunch of the cheaper ones wich i dont like lol cause of lack of features not able to upgrade to the 60gig features..but yea get the 360 now you can always save for the ps3 and buy then theres ganna be more games out for the ps3 wich is ganna make your purchase more worth it

dude there're ps3s everywhere; over 70% of the retailers around here have them in stock

you really can't ask people what system is better...everyone will say something different; it's all about their natural (yes, natural) opinion on what they like going for; for example, I want all three systems, and I enjoy the differences between each system that make the system what it is. you cna't base your choice on what other people think or make opinionated comments on it; its your preference. You can lay out the facts for the consoles however and find out which one you like best. I like the PS3 for the games, graphics and gameplay, while I like the Wii for various other reasons like having fun, online play, party games and what not. Whats your style of gaming? It's not like you actually chose when you were born what type of games you naturally like...you know what I mean? For example...I find that lots of Americans (I live in America) love shooter games like the Halo, but I really do not that much...where I live, you almost look like a loser if you get the "kiddish, corny gameplay" Wii. You cannot like anime much or hit shows like Heroes or you will look childish and corny. Even so, I am all for being myself and I enjoy these things because...that's just what i enjoy, I didn't CHOOSE to like what I like...I don't know if you know what I'm trying to get at, but I hope you get the drift.

Sorry for the big outburst as well, I love communicating, just like how some people like reading naturally while others simply don't...The concept no "educational" parents will ever get lol. It's not like you choose what you like. See ya I hope this was helpful!

i still want an xbox 360 cuz i love dead rising, its right under zelda on my list.

i have a 360 and it is a better deal in my opinion

p.s. but i still can't find the beloved wii! :lol:

Last edited:
As of right now, I would say get a 360. There's no problems with it b/c it has been out for over a year now, so any problems from launch are all worked out and fixed. There's plenty of games to choose from, and yes, xbox live is definitely the best in online console gaming (don't forget there is a fee for it, unlike ps3's free online service).

Don't get the idea that I'm saying the ps3 sucks, I want one myself but if I do get one it'll be probably a year or so. I'll make sure all it's problems are worked out first. Plus I've spent plenty of money recently on my Wii and 360 games.

mothershipconnection said:
I'd go 360 as well. It has more games, is cheaper, has a huge online crowd, and isn't technologically inferior.

um yeah it actually is. ps3 is actually a technological juggernaut; it has blueray, an uber cpu that outsources its power to several subprocessors; its just that no game is out yet that shows its true potential. wii is innovative. 360 has nothing; its just a modless xbox with slightly better graphics.

Astroff said:
um yeah it actually is. ps3 is actually a technological juggernaut; it has blueray, an uber cpu that outsources its power to several subprocessors; its just that no game is out yet that shows its true potential. wii is innovative. 360 has nothing; its just a modless xbox with slightly better graphics.

360 has nothing? I hope you've at least played a 360 game before stating that. And graphics slightly better than xbox? Have you played Rainbow Six: Vegas? That's far better than any xbox graphics. The 360 also has Live, which the ps3 or Wii will never be able to compete with, at least not anytime soon. Hmm, xbox live arcade...another great feature.

And what do you mean by modless?

As I stated before, I want a ps3. But not until it really starts to impress me. You're right, there aren't any games out yet that show it's full potential, but from what I've heard developers are having a hard time developing for the ps3 so who knows when we'll see that amazingly beautiful and realistic game?

Also, the ps3 may be a "technological juggernaut" with an "uber cpu", but that doesn't make it the best. I've played Motorstorm a few times at best buy and every time I've experienced some sort of lag or freezing. You can give me the "the ps3's are on all day and get hot", but I've had my 360 on for over 8 hours before without any problems.

Last edited:
i refuse to pay for online play. I would rather pay $200 for life than pay a monthly fee. ps3 has free online play. and xbox live arcade? just use ur pc and play arcade games online. Wii has virtual console, some of the games on it are arcade classics,

Astroff said:
i refuse to pay for online play. I would rather pay $200 for life than pay a monthly fee. ps3 has free online play. and xbox live arcade? just use ur pc and play arcade games online. Wii has virtual console, some of the games on it are arcade classics,

Yes, I know that the ps3 has free online play. So did the ps2...and where did that go? Nowhere. Sure, there were a few good online games, especially Socom, which was a great online game. And I don't pay monthly for Live, I pay something like $50 a year, and you know what that gets me? Great service, people always online in pretty much any game with online capability, downloads of movie trailers, clips, game demos, and now you can even download movies.

So what exactly do you not like about xbox Live? Is it just the fee? It's not that much for what you get out of it.

Maybe you're just a Microsoft hater...which is ridiculous. I love my outlook on gaming. I simply like games...no matter what console it's on. Therefore I have a much wider variety of games to enjoy than you do! So I win, sorry.

I like games too, no matter the system, its just Xbox doesnt have the style of games that i like. I dont like shooters or sports games or war games and those r the only games that r good 4 xbox. $50 a year is still a lot. i had a ps2 and a gamecube, and my neighbors broken xbox which i cuda fixed but found no need to as the ps2 and gamecube gave me what i needed.

and yes i dont like microsoft. They give overpriced software and no service whatsoever just so bill gates can get even richer.

Okay, you coulda said it was just the games you didn't care for...that's understandable. I thought you were just going after the system itself. I'm calling it quits on this argument...kbye! I have class.

360 Defidently
Great Games
Great Online
Live Chat With Your Friends

It's A Great System!

Back