360 Vs Ps3

If you are not sure WiiZeo. Ask yourself if there are any games out for the 360 you want right now. Then look at the PS3 and ask yourself if there are any games you are looking forward too.

Right now, the PS3 does not have a great selection of games, but between now and christmas, quite a few exclusives are being released. Lair for example. The darkness (not exclusive but more content on ps3 version). Ect

If you think about it, probably the only games worth getting the 360 for in terms of future games is fable and halo. Theres going to be a lot of multiplatform games from here on out, so if you had to choose, think of that.

Personally I recommend getting the PS3 first, because the 360 will get cheaper with the more expensive Elite on the horizon. I will also tell you this, the 360 is a good system, but, of all my friends that have one, they play their Ps3s and Wiis a lot more. Usually the 360 is collecting dust untill a good game comes out.

One system has more of a future, the other has instant satisfaction but for how long, no one knows.

Man this is so though but one thing I've been considering is that it seems PS3 isn't topping in any genres

Oh and one more thing this is a list of people I would be playing online

Brother
About 10 friends

PS3

Brother
1 Friend

I'd go for a 360 for the online play, I really think it's amazing, and theres always loads of people online. It doesn't look like you're willing to wait long for games, so might aswell go for the console with amazing games out already, I say go for the 360.

I am really leaning toward 360 sorry Shift you made a great arguement but your not responsible for the console right now I am probably going to get a 360 I will still have a PS3 just not own it and then I won't have it in December and will probably never get any games for it my decision could still change though

WiiZero said:
I am really leaning toward 360 sorry Shift you made a great arguement but your not responsible for the console right now I am probably going to get a 360 I will still have a PS3 just not own it and then I won't have it in December and will probably never get any games for it my decision could still change though

I wasnt supporting one over the other so much. Pick which one you want to play the games on. I recommend getting a used one after the elite comes out though, it will be a lot cheaper. Make sure you have a big open space for it, and its powerbox, or else it will overheat and die like many before it.

For the games i recommend dead rising and gears of war. Plan for some nice releases such as Mass Effect and Age of Conan.

Watch out for the 3 red lights of doom, if you see it start to happen on your 360. Shut it off and put it in a cool area and hope its only the over heating problem and nothing else.

My purchase would be down the line when I have about twice as much money as I do now

to be fair you were supporting the PS3 and I still think it will come out on top it's just not for me

WiiZero said:
to be fair you were supporting the PS3 and I still think it will come out on top it's just not for me

Shiftfallout said:
Honestly, between my consoles. The ps3 gets played the most, then the wii, then the 360. What can i say, i love my wii bowling... drunk... and maybe naked.

With the ps3 you have a better selection of backward compatible games, comes with a wi-fi and the internet is free. Resistance online, with 40 players going at it in team verse team or free for all is a lot of fun. No online fees.

The 360 has a better game line up, but the controller and extra costs are not so peachy. Its big, hot, and has a power cable the size of a donky dong. With home on the horizon and within a few months, some great exclusives.. the PS3 will be very nice.

What i would personally do, is get a ps3. Once the 360 elite comes out, you know people will be trying to sell their regular 360s for a lot less. Buy one then after waiting awhile.

No hard feelings either. I think the PS3 is great, and gave a recommendation on both systems. They both have good stuff coming out.

Just don't get an elite so soon, I hear they've been breaking as much as the original 360s.

I think it's unnacceptable that there are so many people, probably 50% atleast that have experienced their xbox 360 dying.

But ya, you seem to be more multiplayer, so get a 360. Possibly you'll get a ps3 later, but right now I can see why it's not too appealing.

Yeah HOME was incredibly tempting but I read the gamepro 81 games you must play and only like 3 appealed to me which is like 1/4 as many Xbox games that I am amazed by too bad not very many are compatible (Kingdom Under Fire, Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes etc.) Well that will just be all the more exciting if they do come out

Shift is a Sony Salesman...

Shiftfallout said:
If you are not sure WiiZeo. Ask yourself if there are any games out for the 360 you want right now. Then look at the PS3 and ask yourself if there are any games you are looking forward too.

Right now, the PS3 does not have a great selection of games, but between now and christmas, quite a few exclusives are being released. Lair for example. The darkness (not exclusive but more content on ps3 version). Ect

If you think about it, probably the only games worth getting the 360 for in terms of future games is fable and halo. Theres going to be a lot of multiplatform games from here on out, so if you had to choose, think of that.

Personally I recommend getting the PS3 first, because the 360 will get cheaper with the more expensive Elite on the horizon. I will also tell you this, the 360 is a good system, but, of all my friends that have one, they play their Ps3s and Wiis a lot more. Usually the 360 is collecting dust untill a good game comes out.

One system has more of a future, the other has instant satisfaction but for how long, no one knows.

LOL - Dude you are so f*cking biased towards the ps3 its unreal...
Buy a ps3 because there "might" be some good games eventually...

Or buy a 360 because right now, Gears of War is amazing - Crackdown is fun as hell - Dead rising - Project Gotham2/Forza 2 - Ghost Recon - Oblivion -Kameo - Phantasy Star Univers - Quake 4 - F.E.A.R - etc etc...
GTA 4 out later this year - Fable 2 - Halo 3 - Bioshock - Shadowrun - Devil May Cry - Halo Wars - Mass effect - Too Human... etc

And as for getting the PS3 first cause the 360 might get cheaper?! Buy the ridiculously expensive console because the cheaper one might become even cheaper (but not by much)...?! OR - Buy the reasonably priced console in the hopes that the expensive one becomes cheaper (which would make more sense).

Basically if you buy a 360 right now you will be able to pick up, play and choose from a big selection of great games - enter an already established online community - and save a bit of cash.
A PS3 you are going to have to wait months (until christmas? Buy a ps3 then) for the good games to come out. And even then most worth mentioning will be multi-platform. I'd recommend a 360. Never had a problem with mine - and plugging my ipod into it to listen to my own music during games is awesome.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
LOL - Dude you are so f*cking biased towards the ps3 its unreal...
Buy a ps3 because there "might" be some good games eventually...
Im sorry but being biased towards gaming is not part of my life style. I am a gamer, it is my favorite hobby, and close to being a profession if i so choose. The ps3 is an amazing system, it really isnt debatable as its a fact.Only biased people would feel the need to argue and whine about that fact. Have you ever thought of researching before you speak? Sony is a power not to be laughed at. They will pave the way for the future, dont you doubt that. Many are looking for immediate results, others for long term. Both nintendo and microsoft fall into the immediate catagory, sony into the long term catagory.
Deal with it. Anyone who looks through your post history will find probably one of most biased fanboys in this forum. Argue all you want, but you better get to editting your posts before someone looks through your post history and finds you a biased person who seems to ignore reality.

Or buy a 360 because right now, Gears of War is amazing - Crackdown is fun as hell - Dead rising - Project Gotham2/Forza 2 - Ghost Recon - Oblivion -Kameo - Phantasy Star Univers - Quake 4 - F.E.A.R - etc etc...
GTA 4 out later this year - Fable 2 - Halo 3 - Bioshock - Shadowrun - Devil May Cry - Halo Wars - Mass effect - Too Human... etc

And how many of those games are limited by 9gigs and no motion controll? all of them. I am more impressed with the unreal engine that gears of war was made from than the actual game. How long is the game? not long at all. Why? because it runs through a 9 gig disc like a hot knife through butter. You are gonna have to try better than that if you want to best me.

ghost recon, oblivion (great but shitty game), phantasy star universe (horrible game btw), devil may cry, halo, bioshock, fable, gta4, fear, shadowrun, quake 4.. sorry to tell you but those are all multiplatform games. Ouch huh? The PC mod community will keep them alive for a long time. all other games solely for the 360 are a result of microsoft passing money off to make them stay exculsive. We call that a bribe. These companies whant money first, good gameplay second.

Sony has its own lineup of amazing games, only they are not relying purely on old franchises. just gonna have to deal with it.

And as for getting the PS3 first cause the 360 might get cheaper?! Buy the ridiculously expensive console because the cheaper one might become even cheaper (but not by much)...?! OR - Buy the reasonably priced console in the hopes that the expensive one becomes cheaper (which would make more sense).

Not really. You are ignorant. Think about it, the elite is coming out, all those xbox fanboys will want it and thus sell their regular 360s. You can get one for the price of a wii or cheaper. The ps3 will have a price cut, but also remember their new models will have downgraded cpus. Also with the modding and open sourced systems, the earlier the system and its firmware the better. Sorry champ but you lose at logic. The 360 is best gotten with its original models value drops, and thats when the elite comes out. The demand for the ps3 will rise when their plans are released (home, exclusives, eyetoy games, firmware features)..nice try though.

Basically if you buy a 360 right now you will be able to pick up, play and choose from a big selection of great games - enter an already established online community - and save a bit of cash.
A PS3 you are going to have to wait months (until christmas? Buy a ps3 then) for the good games to come out. And even then most worth mentioning will be multi-platform. I'd recommend a 360. Never had a problem with mine - and plugging my ipod into it to listen to my own music during games is awesome.

Im thinking you are retarded or dumb. Before you try to make such claims, i suggest looking at release dates for ps3 exclusives and games. Quite a few are coming out within a few months. It helps to do your research before you speak. You have never had a problem with the 360? Quite a few people I know have. In fact, there are more people having problems with the 360 than any other console. Care to argue this fact? Remember to learn before you speak or you will only sound like a fool.

An A for effort but an F for overall effect.:thumbsup:

Shiftfallout said:
Im sorry but being biased towards gaming is not part of my life style. I am a gamer, it is my favorite hobby, and close to being a profession if i so choose.
Saying you aren't biased does not automatically make it true.
A typical thing you do is list all the things you percieve as good points for the ps3 - state that you are unbiased and love all games yadda yadda - proceed to list what you percieve to be bad points about any other console. Just because you are trying to present your comments/arguments in a nonchalant way does not remove the bias. I have seen you make post after post about upcoming ps3 games/info and none about any other console - and you are quick to jump to the defence of the ps3 - but no other console... Oh and stating "I play wii bowling! its fun :thumbsup: look at me, I'm so unbiased!" - isn't fooling anybody

Shiftfallout said:
The ps3 is an amazing system, it really isnt debatable as its a fact.Only biased people would feel the need to argue and whine about that fact.
A fact? So basically a games console that costs way more than its competition - sells less than its competition - and has fewer critically acclaimed games than its competition is an amazing system?! FACT! wow never knew that. The JAGUAR must have been a truly amazing system then!"

Shiftfallout said:
Have you ever thought of researching before you speak? Sony is a power not to be laughed at. They will pave the way for the future, dont you doubt that. Many are looking for immediate results, others for long term. Both nintendo and microsoft fall into the immediate catagory, sony into the long term catagory.
The Nazis were a power not to be laughed at - but doesn't mean I have to adore and respect them. And as for "immediate" vs "long term". In 4-6 years average PCs will be p*ssing all over the ps3. I would expect in that time the next generation of xbox and wii will be appearing. And you can damn well bet that a games console 6 years into the future will be better than our current generation. So Sony's 10 year plan is great and all. But its gonna be old-hat by the time the next gen xbox/wii come around (approx halfway through its life-cycle).
[/QUOTE]
Shiftfallout said:
Deal with it. Anyone who looks through your post history will find probably one of most biased fanboys in this forum. Argue all you want, but you better get to editting your posts before someone looks through your post history and finds you a biased person who seems to ignore reality.
Anyone who looks through my post history is a crazy stalker - or someone who has an axe to grind, trying to prove some stupid point they can't make in an honest argument. If you gotta go looking for dirt to make a point I think you can assume your argument has failed. I make no secret about the fact I do not like the PS3 - nor do I truly like sony right now as a company (due in large part to the efforts of their PR). And how can you be a FANBOY for TWO consoles/companies? Doesn't that go against the idea of what a fanboy is?

Shiftfallout said:
And how many of those games are limited by 9gigs and no motion controll? all of them. I am more impressed with the unreal engine that gears of war was made from than the actual game. How long is the game? not long at all. Why? because it runs through a 9 gig disc like a hot knife through butter. You are gonna have to try better than that if you want to best me.
Gears of war lasts long enough to appeal to a lot of people... We don't all have 12+ hours a day to sit playing computer games. Also the online multiplayer can extend the life of that game endlessly. What the hell is all the "best me" cr*p anyway. Did you step right out of a bad 80s action movie?

Shiftfallout said:
ghost recon, oblivion (great but shitty game), phantasy star universe (horrible game btw), devil may cry, halo, bioshock, fable, gta4, fear, shadowrun, quake 4.. sorry to tell you but those are all multiplatform games. Ouch huh? The PC mod community will keep them alive for a long time. all other games solely for the 360 are a result of microsoft passing money off to make them stay exculsive. We call that a bribe. These companies whant money first, good gameplay second.
How can oblivion be both a great and Sh*tty game?
And the fact that those games are multiplatform is an argument that cancels itself out - or works to the better of the 360. Pay £450+ to play a game or £300? (£200 core)?
And whats this bullsh*t about bribes you dumb-ass Its business? Here's a definition of a bribe... "Bribery is a crime implying a sum or gift given alters the behavior of the person in ways not consistent with the duties of that person."
What companies are doing with exclusive titles is maintaining their products desirability and trying to increase demand. Sony did this a lot with the PS2. (GTA anyone?) Money first gameplay second? Unlike Sony's Home-media format first, gameplay second (Blu-Ray). So stop making irrelevent points as if they contribute to your argument - and in the process making yourself look like a pretentious dumb-ass. And leave PC games out of the x-box ps3 debate because they are always going to be superior - Just not many people want to sit in front of a PC monitor to play games.

Shiftfallout said:
Sony has its own lineup of amazing games, only they are not relying purely on old franchises. just gonna have to deal with it.
I concede on this point. Motorstorm, Ridge racer, Virtua fighter, Resistance fall of man, truly inspiring great games that will be fondly remembered in years to come... Unrivalled on any system.
Unlike Gears of War, Zelda, Wii Sports, Ghost Recon etc. - They are just rubbish... (sarcasm)
Well I am being a bit unfair. There is Lair...
Deal with what? Have you not noticed that consumers prefer brand names they are familiar with. Hence why the biggest grossing movies are sequals? Spiderman 2, Shrek 2, Pirates of the Carribean 2. (thought you'd know that being in the movies). Better phone the Coke-a-cola company and tell them to invent a new product - cause the old one isn't selling... oh wait... yes it is?! damn...

Shiftfallout said:
Not really. You are ignorant. Think about it, the elite is coming out, all those xbox fanboys will want it and thus sell their regular 360s. You can get one for the price of a wii or cheaper. The ps3 will have a price cut, but also remember their new models will have downgraded cpus. Also with the modding and open sourced systems, the earlier the system and its firmware the better. Sorry champ but you lose at logic. The 360 is best gotten with its original models value drops, and thats when the elite comes out. The demand for the ps3 will rise when their plans are released (home, exclusives, eyetoy games, firmware features)..nice try though.
Ignorant, really? Thanks I'll take that on board. Sticks and stones and all...
"Ignorance is sometimes misinterpreted as a synonym of stupidity, and is as thus often taken as an insult, when really it is not." Even if I'm ignorant I am still smarter than you...
By the way not everyone will want an elite. For a HDMI port? that console is aimed at the PS3 market. For people who just can't go without the very best option for quality - even when the difference is negligable.

Shiftfallout said:
Im thinking you are retarded or dumb. Before you try to make such claims, i suggest looking at release dates for ps3 exclusives and games. Quite a few are coming out within a few months. It helps to do your research before you speak. You have never had a problem with the 360? Quite a few people I know have. In fact, there are more people having problems with the 360 than any other console. Care to argue this fact? Remember to learn before you speak or you will only sound like a fool.
Retarded eh? name calling again, - I'm off to find some tissues...:cryin: :rolleyes:

En4Neo said:
Just don't get an elite so soon, I hear they've been breaking as much as the original 360s.

I think it's unnacceptable that there are so many people, probably 50% atleast that have experienced their xbox 360 dying.

But ya, you seem to be more multiplayer, so get a 360. Possibly you'll get a ps3 later, but right now I can see why it's not too appealing.
lol!
your smart

Can you guys shorten your posts? Do you really need 1,000,000 words to make a point? I said it before.

Wait until the 360 gets the new chip later this year. They may even price drop $100. The PS3 isn't going to change in price, and internal hardware for years. You can buy it now with no regrets of change.

Back