3d Fighting game with WiFi and good controls?

lattes

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2007
Ok, so does one exist? I was waiting on SSBB for my fighting game fix and am just SO disappointed I have put my copy up on eBay for sale.

But Brawl isn't... which blew me away although I understand why they did it.

Brawl is 3D, though I guess I can see why you would label it 2-D...though I don't entirely understand. You're complaining about what, exactly?

If you're disappointed in Brawl simply because it's not "3D", I'll be aghast.

3d = moving on the x y and z axis. Brawl moves only x and y axis therefore it is 2d.

You can move forward and back and jump. WTF? How am I the only person that thinks that this is lame?

I would rather play my SNES copy of street fighter with a friend than play SSBB.

lattes said:
3d = moving on the x y and z axis. Brawl moves only x and y axis therefore it is 2d.

You can move forward and back and jump. WTF? How am I the only person that thinks that this is lame?

I would rather play my SNES copy of street fighter with a friend than play SSBB.

Ummm...What I'd like to know is how you didn't realize this until AFTER buying the game. Did you not see footage of the game or even bother to look at the back of the game case? I don't get it. I honestly think you're the ONLY person in the world who was under the impression that player movement was in 3D.

Wow.

Atomheart said:
Ummm...What I'd like to know is how you didn't realize this until AFTER buying the game. Did you not see footage of the game or even bother to look at the back of the game case? I don't get it. I honestly think you're the ONLY person in the world who was under the impression that player movement was in 3D.

Wow.

i usually disagree with your posts, but i have to agree with you 100% on this

maybe there was a second person that didn't know it was 2d, but i doubt it

as for the purpose of this thread, no i don't think there is a 3d fighting game unless that dragon ball z game is 3d.....but dbz and brawl are the only 2 wi-fi fighting games

lattes said:

EEEEW STREET FIGHTER IS SO OVERRATED!!! WHY THE HELL DO SO MANY PEOPLE LIKE SUCH A CRAPPY GAME. God damned lack of cancels, propper dodges, jump tricks, secrets, good guards etc. Yuck! MK and SF are the crappiest fighters I have ever seen, I HATE THEM SO MUCH. I love my new eBay bought NeoGeo. KoF rules!!! VF rules, Tekken rules, SC rules and Brawl rules. GG is cool too.

By 3D do ya mean DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, the easiest fighting game in the world?

Monsteroids said:
EEEEW STREET FIGHTER IS SO OVERRATED!!! WHY THE HELL DO SO MANY PEOPLE LIKE SUCH A CRAPPY GAME. God damned lack of cancels, propper dodges, jump tricks, secrets, good guards etc. Yuck! MK and SF are the crappiest fighters I have ever seen, I HATE THEM SO MUCH. I love my new eBay bought NeoGeo. KoF rules!!! VF rules, Tekken rules, SC rules and Brawl rules. GG is cool too.

I am just saying that if I am going to play a 2d game, I would rather play something challenging, come on, brawl has two yes TWO!?! buttons. WTF is with that?

Virtua Fighter for 360 is probably the best I have played.

What? You got bored of Brawl's, 'one button to rule them all' style already?! Tehe

Oh, and I believe the correct nerd term is 2.5d.

The term is usually used with computer graphics, especially video games, where a computer system uses 2D computer graphics to visually simulate 3D computer graphics. One such method is where a 2D image has an added "depth" channel or Z-buffer which may act like a height map. The term is also used to describe 3D scenes built completely or partially from a composite of flat 2D images; and also where gameplay is restricted to a 2D plane while the display uses 3D graphics and 3D models.

"one button to rule them all" I will have to disagree with that statement 100 percent, even if it's jokeful.

Not challenging because of two button? are you kidding me? I'm not going to argue of the possible moves that SSB offers, but have you even did anything in intense mode? It should be obvious that it's a side scrolling game before you get it, did you read reviews or anything? I can understand if you don't like side scrolling games because you can't interact with the environment as well but to say it's not challenging? pffft

On that note I would like to mention that in the so call 3d games you mostly just go forward or backward facing your opponent most of the time anyways, sure you can go around them (using the z axis).. but they turn around and it's the same game again (x&y) and remains so the majority of play time. The only thing is the camera angle of the environment change, which doesn't effect gameplay dramatically.

As for 3d fighting games you want I don't know of any good one out for Wii now : / I stick to my SCII Maybe they'll bring some Tekken on Wii?

Last edited:
Monsteroids said:

Do you really think the NeoGeo, Sega, Namco, or Williams-Midway 1-on-1 fighters would even exist without Street Fighter 2? Before that, the best fighting game we had was Karate Champ (and yes, I'm counting the first Street Fighter in that assessment). You should be happy that people did like that game. Personally I love Street Fighter because it doesn't have all that crap you mention above. I rarely even use special moves. I just rely on timing and quick hit and block moves. It's amazing how effective you can be if you spend a little less time trying to pull of that wicked cool attack or counter and spend a little more time just trying to drain your opponent's life meter. And that goes for any of the above listed fighting games (except maybe the DBZ one since I never played it).

Back