3rd party GC controllers

Oneon

WiiChat Member
Feb 10, 2007
A few questions;

1) Which brands of 3rd party Gamecube controllers work on the Wii?

2) My 3rd party GC controller does not work on my Wii.

3) Is there any other issues with the 3rd party controllers that other people ahve reported?

4) Does MADCAT controller work on the Wii?

I got semi-pissed when my GC controller did not work on my Wii. Now all I got is store credit until they get in their 1st party GC controllers...I hate that store. Its called Game Stop, no not Gamestop this is actually one of those knock-off ones. The only place I could find Symphonia. Please help.

few questions;

1) Which brands of 3rd party Gamecube controllers work on the Wii? As far as i know all of them, Nintendo wavebird is the best one you should go with. Apparently pelican is not a very good company to make GC controlers, mad cast. well. I got one, big mistake. 1. its smaller 2. its on a wire making it faulty after use 3. Iv had bad expircese with mad cast.

2) My 3rd party GC controller does not work on my Wii. Which one do you have? once again i would go with the nintendo wavebird its a little more expensive, but worth it.

3) Is there any other issues with the 3rd party controllers that other people ahve reported? not that i know of.

4) Does MADCAT controller work on the Wii? yes.

I would just buy a wavebird, or if your tight on buget take your chances with a pelican. (wavebird dose not have rumble feture, but I could not tell for the past 3 and a half years I have had it.)

The one I had has no name, its just a purple clear no named brand GC controller. The same size as a gc regular controller. So madcat works?

Personally I'm not a big fan of the Gamecube controllers in general so I've opted for a Gamecube controller converter that enambles me to use my old PSX controllers (or PS2 if u got em - which i don't) on the Wii in the place of a GC controller.

For me, its sticking with what I'm used to in terms of 'old' controllers. The new Wiimote on the other hand has taken me full speed ahead into a 'new' age of controllers, and I am happy :D

im not going to lie just buy a nintendo made controller it will last much longer third party controllers tend to break and you will end up spending more money

ok i recomend just buying a nintendo brand controller tehy dont cost that much ny more plus i had a mad catz turbo controller it kept making my gamecube turn off by its self so i just stopped using it

Srry if there is a rule against quick posting im really new to this forum

U should try E-bay or if ud prefer try EBgames

@ Striffest no there isn't any rules against quick posting

and to the starter of this thread if you scroll a little bit lower on the main page you will find there is a GameCube section where funny enough you post things relating to GameCube I know it a funny concept but just give it a try. Just because It will get more reads doesn't mean it is acceptable

Could a mod please move this thread to the GameCube section

Back