3rd Party or Nintendo Memory Card

redhawk

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2007
I accidentally ordered a 3rd party card and am still deciding if I'm going to keep it. Should I send it back and get a Nintendo one or is the 3rd party card basically the same thing.

Its practically the same item. Although some 3rd party memory cards get stuck in the slot. By the way, what brand is it?

True Memory is the brand. It looks very cheap.

redhawk said:
True Memory is the brand. It looks very cheap.
I have a logic3 memory card and it works fine. Plus it doesn't get stuck in the slot. If it looks cheap then I advice you get the Nintendo one or the logic3 memory card. You don't want to break your Wii trying to pull out the memory card out of the slot.

Last edited:
I've got a MAdCatz 1000 block memory card. I can say it fits.

Hope your memory card fits!

I'd go with the Nintendo one unless the regular one is a lot cheaper

No all hold practically the same 8 megabytes of memory.
It's all the same thing besides the name brands.
There's a larger version of the memory card only released by Nintendo though.
If you ordered that, I'd return the 3rd party one. Otherwise there's no problem.

I got a full refund on the card and purchased a Nintendo 64MB card that holds 1019 blocks. I never owned a Gamecube, but bought a Wii and figured I would get caught up on the cheap Gamecube games and then by the time I finish those, the Wii games will be cheaper.

Currently working on Zelda WW (which is awesome) and have Metroid 1 and Paper Mario THousand Year Door in the bullpen. SO I will be busy for a while.

you can sell it back to us at our comic book shop and buy a brand new nintendo card at ours official licensed by nintendo money back guarantee. for info plesae pm me ok thanks. also we buy old memory cards for $1 and sell brand new ones for a low price... :crazy: :smilewinkgrin: :aureola: :sick:

>.<

I once got a memory card stuck in my wii.

It was very hard to get out. . .

I advice getting a good branded one.

Back