3rd party WiFi adapter

dingleberryfin

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
I am going to be buying a usb wifi adapter soon so i can get the wii online. But i was wondering if any brand usb wifi adapter would work with the wii?

There was one that was seen often on Ebay, I don't remember the name and itis blocked from my work pc. Go take a look =)

so the only one that will work is the nientendo one or can i use just a like a belkin or d-link usb wirless addapter

i would say get a nintendo brand just to make sure, you most likely can use another one, but it's $30 so go with one's that has been made for it

dingleberryfin said:
so the only one that will work is the nientendo one or can i use just a like a belkin or d-link usb wirless addapter
The adapters you are talking about are meant to be recievers, not transmitters. You can make them work, but it can be complicated (you have to set it up so that the wired and wireless connections are linked together, and there isn't any software packaged with it to help you). I've never used the WiFiMAX before, but it is supposed to work for Wii (I've heard it has issues, though). The Nintendo one is really easy to use, I have used one of them before. The range is bad, but it's easy to use and it gets the job done.

Back